Shafev

I come here to spill some ideas, and see how things are going but this community has a lot of toxic people in it. Seems all they do is bash, and start nagging on people for there ideas and suggestions they make.

I wanted to post it on the discussion board for the admins to read and take notice how there community is toxic. No offense to any one.

Not everyone will agree with you- not everyone will agree what other's post or believe in so it's a matter of ignore it and move on :)

It isn't toxic, you just probably stumbled unto the wrong place.

You originally posted: "Hi All now since shroud of avatar client is free to download any plans on making emulator version of it???"

Where someone responded: "I think that would be kinda pointless, SOA has nothing to do with UO, literally, to me its just a cash grab poorly made game."

This is a Ultima Online emulator website that has visitors of those that enjoy making their own Ultima Online servers and enjoy the game Ultima Online. We don't play Shroud of the Avatar since it is not Ultima Online. There is nothing wrong with your question, as you were probably feeling out the audience here about Shroud of the Avatar.

Someone later responded: "Knock yourself out - let us know how it goes".

So if you like Shroud of the Avatar so much, why not make an emulator for it? Start a website on SoA emulation and build a forum. Others that want to emulate SoA will Google find your site and join your community. The responses given by the members on your SoA idea were about as diplomatic you are going to get about a game that has nothing to do with this website's goal.

To given another situation to paint the picture...don't join a gun club and ask the members to host your "gun control lobby" group's fundraiser there. It just doesn't mix well.

That doesn't prevent you from doing anything at all.
You asked for validation or inputs; people responded.
Good or bad, you have to accept crisicism at some point, or atleast demand further explanations to keep the discussion going.

Acting blind and telling the community that it's toxic simply because you couldn't comprehend or accept the reasoning behind the responses just shows, from my perspective, that you wouldn't be able to build and maintain a community.

For your defense, yes, you did seem to have a rather direct response, but i do understand the motives of that person; you put ideas on a table and hope someone do it for you, I see that all the times in gaming communities. People in other communities sometimes get upset about those types of thread, especially when it doesn't concern the community's sole goal; which in our case is UO emulation.
I even avoided responding to your prior thread to avoid "ganking up" on that idea of yours.

On another subject, you also just created a post to rant about the community for nagging you, but you are nagging the community by seeking shelter under the admin's wing in public... Mind you, this community is one of the least toxic places i've ever been on, and rarely do we see posts of rants on here, if you have administrative issues or issues with another memeber, don't make it a public case, send a message to an admin directly so they can act accordingly or resolve the issue with the people involved; that is the basis of a moderated community.

To justify my reply to you, I often start writing replies and abort posting them afterward because they seem too harsh, however, sometimes there are cases where they are needed. Sorry if you felt neglected in that situation, I wish you best of luck in your project if you hold on to your idea.

First off let me congratulate you on a great idea, which you have, and the way to form it is to get it started, and show some imitative with this community, and they will be more than happy and supportive to your cause. Second the one thing you will find is there will be those who wish to make their opinions know whether in favor or opposition. But that being said it should never determine a dream, or a idea from dying off. Thirdly coming here and giving whether an opinion or a rant, and then hiding under the authority of the Admins is kind of a HUGE no no no, unless a legitimate action was warranted, they are very busy, and I personally need them to babysit me first ok! (my opinion only). So with all of that take no offense please, I would like to hear more of this idea, and your vision for it, and then I a builder extraordinaire (my opinion of course bias as it is) could maybe help with some graphical issues, as well as some friendly advice, and suggestions, stay with us and give us the chance to prove that we are a Great Community of Ultima Online peoples.

I am okay with people saying there opinions, I was just reading posts, and have took notice on it. Maybe speaking up about it was bad idea seems like no one really wants to hear it. Saying I was wanting to be under a admins wing that was kind afar fetched as I have not bashed any one here. I have gave constructive feed back to people. I was not going to create no such emulator I was asking if some one maybe knew of any one that has created one or had links maybe I stated my first post Hi wrongly and was taken wrong, if that is the case my bad. For my post lot people have jumped to the conclusion about me liking something. People could of just asked me questions of some sorts instead of jumping on the his a fan of shrouds of avatar, clearly no one has got to know me and wants to by the way of the replies I'm getting.
No I am not trying to start a flame war so please do not. No point doing all that. lets just move on to more import in things about Servuo
how it is a very nice emulator, How is every doing these days.

Post Taken and Understood, anyway Welcome to the community, and if you have need of understanding this great server, let people know, glad to have you as a part of the ongoing Ultima Online Community. PS: I never intended to flame you or call you out, and have by no means any intention of doing so, as you have said we really don't know you so let try and remedy that How Are you? and where are you from, and how did you start playing UO.

Back