I was running some t-maps and had an odd one, or seemed odd to me. It is a Malas t-map, within the Luna city walls. On most shards it would be under a house, as mine is a private shard, that is not an issue. I still have not quite learned to like the new maps, but this one seems a bit odd. Are they supposed to spawn in the city? If there was a house there - would the chest move?

Luna Map.JPG

The random T-map system doesn't check for accessibility. Instead, if you don't complete it within 30 days of decoding it, the map's coordinates change to another random location.

I made runebook atlas' and marked where every long and lat cross. Named the runes with the corresponding coordinates. Then decode maps and drop into Davys locker, Davys locker with show coords of each decoded map. Reference the atlas and go to nearest point (use a map program to get closer, UOS map works good). I also made a UOS Tmap sniffer script that will dig for the chest one tile from me in 4 directions [N.E.S.W] until it finds it. Visually you can get close enough, run the script as you move around until you find it. I also made a script to empty chest into categorized bags to hurry the process.

I use Davy's Locker to get the coordinates and then just enter them as a waypoint on the map. Easy enough, but I did enjoy my t-map rune book library. Just had sentimental value.

I do use a similar system for SOS's. I marked 16 runes and have 16 bags I sort my SOS into, according to long/lat. I think I shared it in the resource section. I got it from the FCB (Fishing Council many years ago).

Back