Hi,

I'm working to integrate a MongoDB module, i think and i have a questions... Someone have work with BigData in UO? For example, logs of every kill in the server. My doubt is Mysql is enought or is a good idea integrate bigdata for save a lot of logs for display in a webpage.

So... i would like people of this forum share his opinion about the idea of integrate a Big Data system.

P.D: Sorry for my english, i'm from spain and i trying to explain the best way i can.

Regards
Merix

MySQL would be perfect for something like this because you really don't want all of that constantly loaded into memory.

I created a "Slayer Club" system on my old shard and it recorded the number of times you killed - or were killed by - any NPC, and it was indexed by NPC name (resolving known NameList names to the NPC type name instead).
This system quickly became a heavy memory burden and would probably have been better if it was stored in a database, if it wasn't for the fact it needed the data at hand to display the information in-game.

I do still currently use a PvP version of that system - "Fight Club", but it is much less intensive considering the average amount of PvP kills versus PvM kills.

If you have no intent of displaying or using the information in-game, then a database is perfect.

Back