I am hoping for some guidance relating to skill gain on a specific skill.

My players have had almost zero luck gaining the 'Hiding' skill above 104 so I have been trying to make it easier for them to gain that skill (not all skills - just 'Hiding').

I found this in Skills.cs:
public SkillInfo( int skillID, string name, double strScale, double dexScale, double intScale, string title, SkillUseCallback callback, double strGain, double dexGain, double intGain, double gainFactor )

and . . further down I found this relating to Hiding:
new SkillInfo( 21, "Hiding", 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, "Shade", null, 0.0, 0.8, 0.2, 1.0 ),

If I change the final 1.0 to a different number (ie 2.0) would that change the 'gain chance' or would it simply change the 'amount gained' if they were able to gain at all?

I appreciate any help I can get solving my problem . . thanks for the insight.

It would increase their chance to gain, from 1-100. The way skill gain works (Check SkillCheck.cs) is based on the difficulty of the action. Since hiding never requires higher than 100, it will be painfully difficult to level it beyond 100, outside of SoTs. Inside SkillCheck.cs you can enable GGS (Guaranteed Gain System) which might help with the problem, but I could be wrong.

Back