Ultima Adventures -  A full featured, content packed offline/online server

Ultima Adventures - A full featured, content packed offline/online server 1.11

No permission to download

Finaltwist

Squire
dancing around explody pots was a really nice development Twist. Its great to see how the server is growing and how challenging everything is shaping up to be.
Thanks buddy! Im really trying to make them more player-like. Also made some additional tweaks just this morning... be careful!

Someone this morning was able to defeat the new mephitis with her zerg spawn special, ill try and revamp all the champs with new specials and custom AI. the good thing in doing that is the specials can be put somewhere central and used somewhere else, for example on tames that have levelled up past a certain point.

Tames will have specials one day, not the usual specials like HP regent or any of the AOS attributes like hitfireball or whatnot... i want to add reallyl unique specials for the tames. This game will never be complete!

helton

Citizen
I think that one thing that made outlands so fun to play is the amount of stuff that you have to manually dodge. Maybe adding more area effects to different monsters (other than champs) could make combat a lot more lively in here for people that already have super fancy gear without being too punishing for people that are starting out. Having some sort of message popping up like ** the <dragon> inspires deeply and his eyes burn with molten hatred ** could tell the player that its time to heroically run away because the floor will be lava for the next few seconds.
But overall I'm yet to see a server that is updated as fast as adventures with a team this small.
Great work lads :)

Finaltwist

Squire
just added this to rikktor a few days ago!

Rikktor will throw a fireblast at a player (which can be dodged, has a 1s delay) and the blast leaves fireitems in a circle area around the blas tthat burn anything on it. good suggestion here and i love the idea of seeing players run around dodging things. ill see how rikktor fares and code something better for the next mob :)

Finaltwist

Squire
Finaltwist updated Ultima Adventures - Community modded fork Ultima Odyssey with a new update entry:

More content, more bug fixes!

Greetings all,
The last few months have been busy on the server and this update is filled with new content, new mobs, updated AI and of course, balance and bug fixes. Of note:
- completely revamped Red NPC AI with new special moves and awareness to make them more like real players
- completely revamped Champ spawn champs, and i mean completely redone... get zerg'd by mephitis, tricked by barracoon, or torched by rikktor, or schooled by neira
- tweaked and improved automatic invasion...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Finaltwist

Squire
ive updated the champions from the champspawns... pretty happy with that result... my next task will be to update the very dumb AI. I redid necromage AI today - instead of having them cast spells randomly without context, they will now cast based on situational awareness. is the enemy far? close? are there many?

Sygun is also working on some map changes, and another player is working on updating the conversational npcs in the game. we want to use them as a wiki of sorts. if you have a question about a system just go up to them and ask "how do you buy a harvester?" should be a nice alternative to having a manual or external source of info like the discord.

All in all, having lots of fun improving this amazing game. :D

Roneijones

Citizen
Como faço para jogar offline? ja tentei varias vezes, mas so consigo entrar no servidor online.
Post automatically merged:

Como faço para jogar offline? ja tentei varias vezes, mas so consigo entrar no servidor online.
toda vez q tendo executar offline eu recebo essa mensagem

Sua versão do cliente Ultima Online parece ser inválida.

Baixe o Launcher oficial para configurar e executar o jogo.

Link: classicuo.eu.

Last edited:

Finaltwist

Squire
its easy: delete what you have now. its not properly exrtracted.

1. download the latest package
2. extract ultima-adventures to c:\
3. run classicuolauncher shortcut in c:\ultima-adventures\
4. to play online just proceed. to play offline select the local profile

I should sticky these instructions... have to type them every week or so here or in the discord :/

Roneijones

Citizen
its easy: delete what you have now. its not properly exrtracted.

1. download the latest package
2. extract ultima-adventures to c:\
3. run classicuolauncher shortcut in c:\ultima-adventures\
4. to play online just proceed. to play offline select the local profile

I should sticky these instructions... have to type them every week or so here or in the discord :/
Thank you so much for trying to help me, but I've tried everything and I can't play offline, I can even go offline, but the world is empty, and also I can only log in if I open runuo first, and indicate where my original uo is installed , I logged in with the gm account, wizard, but it can't do anything to edit the world.

Finaltwist

Squire
if the world is empty you are not using the right client ?

are you using classicuolauncher shortcut in c:\ultima-adventures? did you extract everything in c:\ (no other location works)

90% of these issues come from people extracting in another location and thinking it will work.

Roneijones

Citizen
if the world is empty you are not using the right client ?

are you using classicuolauncher shortcut in c:\ultima-adventures? did you extract everything in c:\ (no other location works)

90% of these issues come from people extracting in another location and thinking it will work.
through the ClassicUO client, I enter the normal online server, but without using ClassicUOLauncher, I don't know what's happening, I've done several profiles, but I can't go offline.

Finaltwist

Squire
have you installed at c:\

not any other directory (e.g. c:\games or c:\program files etc)

it must be c:\ultima-adventures\

Finaltwist

Squire
i have no idea what the problem is my friend, you need to explain to me exactly what happens, what isn't happening, and what you are doing step by step.

e.g. i click on this, i select this, i click on that and this happens, etc

Roneijones

Citizen
i have no idea what the problem is my friend, you need to explain to me exactly what happens, what isn't happening, and what you are doing step by step.

e.g. i click on this, i select this, i click on that and this happens, etc
Thank you very much for your interest in helping me, but I managed to make this shard, Ruins & Riches work, now I'm playing, it worked, 100% I'm very happy.

Thank you very much for your interest in helping me, but I managed to make this shard, Ruins & Riches work, now I'm playing, it worked, 100% I'm very happy.
I'll explain what I was doing, downloaded adventure 1.9, put in c: ultima-adventures, extracts ClassicUOLauncher-win-x64-release, click ClassicUOLauncher, profile localhost, click laucher, do not open anything, only open if click on ClassicUO.exe, got it?

Last edited:

Finaltwist

Squire
yeah that is much better for solo play. ultima adventures is meant to be played on the server :)

For those reading this, ive added a completely new system to the game - a fully automated roleplay Play/Theater/Scenario system...
I didn't like how new characters were created (in that room), so i created a system that allows "actor" npcs to walk around, talk to each other and interact with players in a completely scripted manner.

Now when a new character is created, the player goes through a completely scripted scenario that plays out before him. really happy with this system!

Just uploaded the automatic Scenario to the server! I'm quite proud of this system, uses the OneTime setup to automate a play using npc actors... id love feedback - anyone curious can start a new char on the server and let me know thoughts.

as far as i know, this hasn't been done before like this... onetime makes it possible where before you would need a TON of different timers... onetime is really amazing.

1623959254623.png

Last edited:

JayceUSA

Citizen
the problem is that this latest download does not have all the files, for example the runme me options are not there nor the runuo.exe

Finaltwist

Squire
oh?

thats an issue i will fix right away!

This works out... the new update will include all the code ive done in the last 2 weeks... new intro for new characters, new content, more bug fixes... etc.

Last edited:

Finaltwist

Squire
Finaltwist updated Ultima Adventures - Community modded fork Ultima Odyssey with a new update entry:

New character creation update

This update completely changes the new character creation so its a lot more immersive and informative. The update also changes a few of the AI scripts to be a lot more effective and less "dumb". Update changelog

June 19
- revamped the necromancy AI. they should now be much more responsive to what is happening around them and choose their spells more carefully (instead of just randmomly)
- applied a fix for a crash caused by paralyzing webs
- harpoon rope quivers added to random drops...

Read the rest of this update entry...