Ultima Adventures -  Community modded fork Ultima Odyssey

Ultima Adventures - Community modded fork Ultima Odyssey 1.07

No permission to download

Finaltwist

Squire
Hi Nexus - questions are fine, but if you want to start editing the package youll have to learn the scripts and what they do. enabling item decay isn't easy as it means changes to the exe. yeah - odyssey is best for offline use (djryv made it very user friendly). UA isn't meant to be played offline by yourself, its a social game

Hi all! This sounds like an amazing time for my husband and myself to just escape for a little while when we can. I'm looking forward to trying it, and I was wondering which version of UO works best with Adventures? This will be my first attempt at setting up a server for us, and my head is spinning. I hope it works! Thanks in advance.

abyssed

Citizen
As i asked in pm, and you redirected to forum
Is there any possibility to get vs studio acceptable sln project or something editable ? Using vs code without any func/type following is a hell :D
I'm trying to add some QoL things, right now have nice bug with locked resistances. To fix it imma switching between pure sln of servuo (latest, UA uses holy damn 4-5 expansions before) and Scripts directory files in vs code. It's driven me crazy.

Last edited:

Tempus

Citizen
Abyssed, you have all the scripts, just build your own solution. Takes about 15 minutes. Add all the scripts, make a few references and Bob's your uncle.

Sorcon

Citizen
Hello everyone!

I found this project after watching someone stream it on Twitch. I thought it would be fun to have my own little world to play on, especially one that is customized as well as this one. I put it on the c:/ drive as instructed, opened RunUo, and then opened the ClassicUOLauncher. I was able to input my local IP and set it up based on the JPG image provided (Using my local IP instead of the server IP), but when I try to connect, it tells me that the client is outdated. It then takes me to the ClassicUO homepage to download the new one. I assume this will not work, because it will just overwrite the custom stuff for this server? Is there a workaround or an updated version I need to download?

Thanks!

Finaltwist

Squire
you made it on the server and the world is well now :)

welcome to UA :)
Post automatically merged:

As i asked in pm, and you redirected to forum
Is there any possibility to get vs studio acceptable sln project or something editable ? Using vs code without any func/type following is a hell :D
I'm trying to add some QoL things, right now have nice bug with locked resistances. To fix it imma switching between pure sln of servuo (latest, UA uses holy damn 4-5 expansions before) and Scripts directory files in vs code. It's driven me crazy.

Would relaly like to invite you on the server to help with the development of the game if you can code... why not play on the server, have your progress and character included in the future distros, and contribute to the development?

you have no idea how many bugs we've squashed since the last offline package... the list is HUGE. the offline package is basically outdated a few days after its released.

Aporia

Citizen
Hello,

My first attempt was running RunUO.exe from the ultima-adventures directory. However, the default Wizard/admin admin account wouldn't work.
Did that by chance change for this project?

I then tried the steps at the very beginning of this thread, overwriting our Odyessey install. Are the steps at the beginning post still correct? Overwriting an Odyssey install?

Sorry for my confusion. Thank you

Last edited:

abyssed

Citizen
the list is HUGE
Oh yes, oh yes. Just omg.
why not play on the server
Why i need to play on remote server if you present local one.

After years i'm opened UO for myself and it's like a charm, but with some not friendly shit. Now, i dont need to waste my time to up 100+ blacksmiting with annoying 15 min delay and chance ! Thats for example, which you cannot accept.

There is no need to fixing bugs. Only to take latest version of servuo, client which supports it, and create something new with similar/new ideas.
And maybe not on C# (im not a sharper) cause i dont think it's okay to handling 10+ mobs with whirlwind attack with such freezeee~ (mb not language related, dunno)
Ah, dats resists at 120 magic resist locks at 44... holy damn whos testing dis shit, lel.

Wow this is fantastic! I played Odyssey for a long time and look forward to exploring this to see the differences. I'm on a local server at the moment but one question I have is: is it possible to disable the world map gump somehow? For other players and for myself. I don't see where it could be in the Scripts. Or is this just a built-in part of the Classic UO client? Having everything shown to you kind of ruins exploration imo. Anyways I look forward to trying out the live server soon.