ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
None
Hi all, I have UOLIve on Ultima adventures, and we have a few questions to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Question 1. The map files have trees/walls and other statics as having a certain hue, but whenever a client approaches the area UO live removes the hue from the statics. We know its UO live because we can see chunks of the map flicking out and in as UO live does and once it comes back the statics have no hue. If we delete the client-side uolive map files, next time the player goes there the hues are back, until UO live removes them again. Has anyone encountered this before?

Here you can see the hued walls, but as the client appraoches, the chunks that flicker come back without a hue. We can only see the hues if we zoom out enough to see the original non-uo live changed map.
image.png
Question 2: our UO live save has 347 .live client files in the directory. Is there any way to merge these? We see 10 or so new live files every few days and at this rate we will have thousands of files. Is there a command to freeze the .live files into the map, or make the uolive changes permanent?

Thank you all!

its any coordinates really, the ice isles on trammel map had homes that were hued, but they aren't any more, dungeons which were hued arent, etc. its a widespread LIVE issue that's been happening since the runuo 2.7 migration

Did you do the following edits per this page?

about half way down just below the video's
Server Side Installation Instructions - Core Mod for hued statics support
In TileList.cs around line 59, there is a method called Add

Thanks! Maybe that got lost in the transition to 2.7. Yet that's what was missing !

About the .live files, should we be concerned on having 350+ of them does anything need to be done with them?

Last edited:
The .live files are fine (I've been using live since it first came out and never had any issues from it at least). They save changes you've made to the maps to read and send out.

I keep a log file (by hand) that I write keeping track of each change I make to the maps noting which .live file was created, where and what I changed. The benefit of this is if you make a mistake or later on down the road if you decide to revert something you can simply delete/move the .live file and it reverts back to it's original state.

For each holiday I have a set of .live file that has decorations that I setup and saved that I can add in to the server and when the holiday is over I just remove them then next holiday I add them back in again.

wow thats dedication! okay.. well at 350+ files and no clue what is what ill just have to assume its okay to end up having thousands of those :)

I don't know if I can help with this one but...

I have Ultima Live installed as part of the uoAvos package. I've tested it very thoroughly and have not had any issues with hues. There is a huge difference between your installations and mine though.

That is, I removed the need for the custom igrping.dll and don't use it as ClassicUO doesn't need it. I am not saying it is the problem, but I am saying that that is the only difference between the standard installation and the one I have.

WIth what I have done, all commands still work, the modules still work, but the maps probably wont stream which is not a huge deal anyway. Server-side Ultima Live is as in-tact as it was when I installed it using the igrping.dll years ago.

Anyway, it is something to look into.

Oh and with ClassicUO we have an unlimited cap on the number of facets we can add to the game thus the igrping.dll is just a waste since it played a big part into tricking the client to load the maps in a certain order that you could have a max world limit of 255.

Back