UltimaLive

UltimaLive 0.98

No permission to download

gametec

Diamond Supporter
HELLO I AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THE MAP STREAMING TO SHOW THE FOG OF WAR ASPECT. sorry i just realized capslock.. dammit.. forgive me please.. i have been fiddling with this for days. most of it works great! just need a little guidance on the map streaming fog of war, i wonder we have a world map in the client. could that be thowing it off, i noticed i dont have the appdata file appearing eaither, i set dll to system, im gona try admin next
thank you for any help.
If you are using the official clients from 1.25 to 7.0.50.0 then the fog of war should work fine. If you are using newer clients Ultima Live breaks. Consequently I do not know if the fog of war will be on ClassicUO or CrossUO. I just know that it never fails with the older clients. Just remember to change out your igrping.dll

green

Citizen
If you are using the official clients from 1.25 to 7.0.50.0 then the fog of war should work fine. If you are using newer clients Ultima Live breaks. Consequently I do not know if the fog of war will be on ClassicUO or CrossUO. I just know that it never fails with the older clients. Just remember to change out your igrping.
If you are using the official clients from 1.25 to 7.0.50.0 then the fog of war should work fine. If you are using newer clients Ultima Live breaks. Consequently I do not know if the fog of war will be on ClassicUO or CrossUO. I just know that it never fails with the older clients. Just remember to change out your igrping.dll
our client is a hybrid it has some uoclassic in it i think. the trees cut down nicely but fog isnt working. but what other things wont work then.. can we still use the streaming maps?
maybe i didnt set it up right, the instructions are a bit hard to follow and theres extra instructions in some places i was reading to try and get it in

Last edited:

gametec

Diamond Supporter
Ultima Live was fun when it came out but CUO, while it doesn’t have falling trees, falling leaves, and real time mining, it does allow unlimited facets now; truly unlimited. You just have to edit MapLayouts in your settings.json in the client directory. The first map dimension entry is Felucca, then Trammel and so on...

green

Citizen
Ultima Live was fun when it came out but CUO, while it doesn’t have falling trees, falling leaves, and real time mining, it does allow unlimited facets now; truly unlimited. You just have to edit MapLayouts in your settings.json in the client directory. The first map dimension entry is Felucca, then Trammel and so on...
thats good to know too, i got the trees working w live, my only concern now is the fog and more importantly live changes to the map we currently on. at the time, i wanna have islands appear at low tide. on a moon cycle

gametec

Diamond Supporter
I talked to Praxiiz at the beginning of the month, but he has been busy. he hinted that he might make an update for Ultima Live. I had asked him if I could pay him to make some edits to CUO... so we can just negate ultima live all together. That way all the code would be clientside. I don’t think CUO uses the igrping.dll

Izex

Citizen
I talked to Praxiiz at the beginning of the month, but he has been busy. he hinted that he might make an update for Ultima Live. I had asked him if I could pay him to make some edits to CUO... so we can just negate ultima live all together. That way all the code would be clientside. I don’t think CUO uses the igrping.dll
That would be amazing to have it work with the newer versions of UO. Above you stated that classic UO already allows unlimited facets is there a tutorial anywhere on how to do that?

gametec

Diamond Supporter
If im not wrong CUO already come with ultimalive
CUO has Ultima Live compatibility but it’s not Ultima Live. I did get a modification done by requesting and paying for it that allows unlimited facets; or as many as your hardware will handle.
This is the only similar built in similarity to Ultima Live, however Ultima Live only allows 250 facets at max :) my requested changes are currently on the main repo of CUO and available for all.
Post automatically merged:

That would be amazing to have it work with the newer versions of UO. Above you stated that classic UO already allows unlimited facets is there a tutorial anywhere on how to do that?

Look for this section:
"maps_layouts":

the map dimensions need to be in order (map0, map1, map2, map3, map4, map5) then using the dimension (width and height) format below add your custom maps (as many entries as you want)

"7168,4096;7168,4096;2034,1600;2560,2048;1448,1448;1280,4096",

just make sure that each map is registered in both the Map.cs (Server Console Edit) and your MapDefinitions.cs (Server Script Edit)... if you want custom regions edit the Regions.xml.

Last edited: