For the love of it all!
I downloaded the SVN and updated my uo game. The core will not compile. Am I missing a.net component? There shouldn't be anything special that I need to add on the SVN correct?
14 years of running a server shot to hell!
UGG....

Shazzy

Compile Ultima SDK

Press any key to continue . . .
Could Not Find D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk\Ultima.dll

D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk>"D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk\bin\roslyn\csc.exe" /r:"D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk\Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.dll" /target:library /out:"D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk\Ultima.dll" /recurse:"D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk\Ultima\*.cs" /d:ServUO /d:NEWTIMERS /d:DEBUG /nowarn:0618 /debug /nologo /unsafe
The system cannot find the path specified.

Done!

*Im in a funk*

Compile Ultima SDK

Could Not Find D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk\Ultima.dll

D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk>"D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk\bin\roslyn\csc.exe" /r:"D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk\Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.dll" /target:library /out:"D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk\Ultima.dll" /recurse:"D:\1-SERVUO MASTER 3699\trunk\Ultima\*.cs" /d:ServUO /d:NEWTIMERS /d:DEBUG /nowarn:0618 /debug /nologo /unsafe
The system cannot find the path specified.

Done!

*Im in a funk*

Are you using the latest ServUO source code?

If so, are you using a different batch file to compile? Because the latest code does not have a batch file that looks like that.

OK I tried the github desktop. This is the error I get.
Post automatically merged:

Using Tortoise SVN I get the 3 folders with different versions in each folder - branches, tags and trunk. I was trying to compile the trunk version. That gave me the first error I posted.

Attachments

• compile error.jpg
    compile error.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 19
Here is the latest from the github desktop with the same error"

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Jul. 23 17.50.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Jul. 23 17.50.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 9
So, not sure what you are doing with it exactly. When I download the latest build, and run the Compile.WIN - Release.bat I get this:

C#:
 Compile ServUO for Windows

C:\Ultima\ServUO-master.7-24-20201>dotnet build -c Release

Welcome to .NET 5.0!
---------------------
SDK Version: 5.0.205

Telemetry
---------
The .NET tools collect usage data in order to help us improve your experience. It is collected by Microsoft and shared with the community. You can opt-out of telemetry by setting the DOTNET_CLI_TELEMETRY_OPTOUT environment variable to '1' or 'true' using your favorite shell.

Read more about .NET CLI Tools telemetry: https://aka.ms/dotnet-cli-telemetry

----------------
Installed an ASP.NET Core HTTPS development certificate.
To trust the certificate run 'dotnet dev-certs https --trust' (Windows and macOS only).
Learn about HTTPS: https://aka.ms/dotnet-https
----------------
Write your first app: https://aka.ms/dotnet-hello-world
Find out what's new: https://aka.ms/dotnet-whats-new
Explore documentation: https://aka.ms/dotnet-docs
Report issues and find source on GitHub: https://github.com/dotnet/core
Use 'dotnet --help' to see available commands or visit: https://aka.ms/dotnet-cli
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.9.0+57a23d249 for .NET
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Determining projects to restore...
  Restored C:\Ultima\ServUO-master.7-24-20201\Server\Server.csproj (in 564 ms).
  Restored C:\Ultima\ServUO-master.7-24-20201\Application\ServUO.csproj (in 564 ms).
  Restored C:\Ultima\ServUO-master.7-24-20201\Scripts\Scripts.csproj (in 564 ms).
  Server -> C:\Ultima\ServUO-master.7-24-20201\Server\bin\Release\Server.dll
  Scripts -> C:\Ultima\ServUO-master.7-24-20201\Scripts\bin\Release\Scripts.dll
  ServUO -> C:\Ultima\ServUO-master.7-24-20201\ServUO.exe

Build succeeded.
    0 Warning(s)
    0 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:01:00.78

Done!

Perhaps you just need to install .Net 5.0 ?

I did the next best thing, I wiped my out of date computer and started over :) Sorry for all the panic...Im gong to see if that now corrects the issues.
Good to see ya Lokai!
Post automatically merged:

This is the UO Gods telling me to stay away! This is the zip file, the git hub desktoip tool f tortoise svn. Whats with .net? I have the 5.0's installed:
Compile ServUO for Windows

C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO>dotnet build -c Release
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.10.2+857e5a733 for .NET
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Determining projects to restore...
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Settings\Settings.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'Microsoft.NETFramework.ReferenceAssemblies (>= 1.0.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Application\ServUO.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'Microsoft.NETFramework.ReferenceAssemblies (>= 1.0.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Scripts\Scripts.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'Microsoft.NETFramework.ReferenceAssemblies (>= 1.0.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Application\ServUO.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'System.Drawing.Common (>= 4.7.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Scripts\Scripts.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'System.Drawing.Common (>= 4.7.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Server\Server.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'System.Drawing.Common (>= 4.7.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Application\ServUO.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'Microsoft.NETFramework.ReferenceAssemblies (>= 1.0.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8/win7-x86'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Server\Server.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'Microsoft.NETFramework.ReferenceAssemblies (>= 1.0.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Application\ServUO.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'System.Drawing.Common (>= 4.7.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8/win7-x86'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
Failed to restore C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Scripts\Scripts.csproj (in 198 ms).
Failed to restore C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Server\Server.csproj (in 198 ms).
Failed to restore C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Settings\Settings.csproj (in 198 ms).
Failed to restore C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Application\ServUO.csproj (in 198 ms).

Build FAILED.

C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Settings\Settings.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'Microsoft.NETFramework.ReferenceAssemblies (>= 1.0.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Application\ServUO.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'Microsoft.NETFramework.ReferenceAssemblies (>= 1.0.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Scripts\Scripts.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'Microsoft.NETFramework.ReferenceAssemblies (>= 1.0.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Application\ServUO.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'System.Drawing.Common (>= 4.7.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Scripts\Scripts.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'System.Drawing.Common (>= 4.7.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Server\Server.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'System.Drawing.Common (>= 4.7.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Application\ServUO.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'Microsoft.NETFramework.ReferenceAssemblies (>= 1.0.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8/win7-x86'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Server\Server.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'Microsoft.NETFramework.ReferenceAssemblies (>= 1.0.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\Application\ServUO.csproj : error NU1100: Unable to resolve 'System.Drawing.Common (>= 4.7.0)' for '.NETFramework,Version=v4.8/win7-x86'. [C:\Users\shazz\Documents\GitHub\ServUO\ServUO.sln]
0 Warning(s)
9 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:02.93

Done!

Press any key to continue . . .[\quote]

Last edited:
First, let's try something.

Extract the zip to a folder like I did, C:\Ultima\ or something similar, so it's NOT in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents or Desktop etc.

So your full path would look like:

C:\Ultima\ServUO-master\

Thank you for all your help.
I was forced to write on a blackboard that I:
"Do NOT hate Windows 10" ten thousand times and reinstalled about as many to finally get .NET 5 to actually work(I really DO hate Win10)
I got the SVN to compile and assured myself that I am NOT a (*^& idiot :)....sort of.

Shazzy

Back