Hi, I am having issues trying to set up my test server. I was able to log in and create my character, but when I got to the point of entering New Haven for the first time, it was stuck on the "Creating Character" screen. The console shows that I entered New Haven, but I did not. After it auto-saved, I logged off and back on and my Character is showing on the character selection list but when I select it, I am stuck on entering Brit now. I have not been able to enter the world at all although my console is showing I entered. Help please :) Ty!

What client are you using? If it's a super old client that doesn't ha Cve new haven properly that might be the issue. Are you using a basic client or a launcher such as Razer or UO Steam? Can you post a screenshot of your server after the game shows you log in? Just so we can see any flags that might stand out to us.

Hmm, the server console looks good. Can you try connecting with razer? Trying to narrow down if its a server issue, client issue or launcher issue. I am not familiar with classic client, I have heard it can be fickle at times.

Hmm, the server console looks good. Can you try connecting with razer? Trying to narrow down if its a server issue, client issue or launcher issue. I am not familiar with classic client, I have heard it can be fickle at times.
Tried Razor as well. Same issue. Stuck on entering the world.

Ok, not a launcher issue and I don't think a server issue so I am leaning towards client issue. What version of Ultima are you using? Is it patched? I am wondering if your version doesn't have the map changes that came out a while ago. I would go to uo.com and download the client and fully patch it if you aren't using the most recent version.

Ok, not a launcher issue and I don't think a server issue so I am leaning towards client issue. What version of Ultima are you using? Is it patched? I am wondering if your version doesn't have the map changes that came out a while ago. I would go to uo.com and download the client and fully patch it if you aren't using the most recent version.
I have tried 2 different clients at this point and having the same issue with both.

Excuse me but just to clarify when you say you have tried 2 different clients you mean 2 different full installs of UO? Razer and ClassicUO aren't clients. They are launchers. Did you try a fully patched updated version from uo.com?

I can't think of anything that would cause this issue shy of an old client with improper files. I'm sorry. if you're using the most recent client hopefully someone else has an idea.

Excuse me but just to clarify when you say you have tried 2 different clients you mean 2 different full installs of UO? Razer and ClassicUO aren't clients. They are launchers. Did you try a fully patched updated version from uo.com?

I can't think of anything that would cause this issue shy of an old client with improper files. I'm sorry. if you're using the most recent client hopefully someone else has an idea.
Hi, yes I have a fresh download from uo.com and I also tried another full download of an older uo version. I also play on the older version and can logon to it no issues. This issue is occuring on my laptop. I also have everything installed on my desktop and have no issues getting on there.

I would run into this problem when my IP address was set incorrectly. Here is an example...

Let's pretent my public IP address was 24.213.58.214 and my private was 192.168.1.2.
My server is set to listen on 192.168.1.2...but I am trying to connect from the outside so I set my client to connect to 24.213.58.214.
Because the server doesn't listen on 24.213.58.214, the client and server would handshake for a bit and I would get stuck at ENTERING WORLD.

So what is the client trying to connect to and is your server listening on that same IP address?

Djeryv his uses 127.0.0.1, which means localhost or the same machine. So hes running the server on his desktop, while trying to play on it. Try copy/paste of your Ultima Online client directory, and point the Server with DataPath.cfg to one, and your Razor/UOS to the other. I know in example, VNC won't let you launch UO while I server is running using the client.

Back