Win10 Machine from home office.
Runuo server running with no errors, looking at ip + port
Called Spectrum tech support, tunnel opened to ip + port
Firewall on or off, no change.
AV on or off, no change.

Can log in from internal network ip.
Port shows open from external ip.
Cannot see server from external ip.

I'm missing something simple here but can't find it.
My apologies if the wrong forum. I'm at a complete loss and reaching out for any help I can get.

You can not connect through the remote ip if you are trying to connect from the local network the server is running on. I only have a problem of people on the classic client can not join my server and I didn't disable the classic client. If you are using the enhanced client and the launcher you can connect fine but people who use Razor or UOSteam can not connect.

if the port is open, did you also forward it to the pc that runs the server?

port was opened to that computer, ip and port matches the one server is watching.
[doublepost=1543684056][/doublepost]
You can not connect through the remote ip if you are trying to connect from the local network the server is running on. I only have a problem of people on the classic client can not join my server and I didn't disable the classic client. If you are using the enhanced client and the launcher you can connect fine but people who use Razor or UOSteam can not connect.

Using the classic client, correct version, & Razor both locally (using external ip) and remotely cannot connect.

CAN connect locally using home ip and Razor/ Classic client.

Last edited:
port was opened to that computer, ip and port matches the one server is watching.
But the specific question that was asked is "is the port fowarded to the PC. So does your router forward port 2593 traffic to your computer running the server? Did you add the rule into the router?

But the specific question that was asked is "is the port fowarded to the PC. So does your router forward port 2593 traffic to your computer running the server? Did you add the rule into the router?

Port IS forwarded to the internal ip of the computer running the server.

I cannot add the rule, all I can do is call Spectrum Cable (which I did) and have them do it.

Port IS forwarded to the internal ip of the computer running the server.

I cannot add the rule, all I can do is call Spectrum Cable (which I did) and have them do it.
That seems weird that they have to manage your router. Did you confirm the rule is in the router or did they just tell you they did it?

That seems weird that they have to manage your router. Did you confirm the rule is in the router or did they just tell you they did it?
Agreed it is weird, I spent a full day trying to log into a managed netgear switch I THOUGHT was the router. The "Router" is just software built into the cable modem.

As for "confirm", all I could do was use an ip tool that told me port was "closed" to traffic prior to talking to them, and "open" after I chatted with them.

I am not physically AT the server right now and can only confirm that I cannot log in.
[doublepost=1543699137][/doublepost]
Agree "if" you do have a router- need to log into the router online and add ServUO -check number 5. on this page https://www.servuo.com/tutorials/servuo-setup-server-router-information.24/
That indeed is the area of conflict but I can only direct the nice people at Spectrum. I will use Rule #5 as a guide when I talk to them next.

fixed this problem with a new router since SuddenLink my service provider said router was factory locked and couldn't portforward anything (took 6 calls and a few hours to get the reason why) I just bought a new router and returned theirs to them and use a port forwarding tool I use this 1
https://portforward.com/store/pfconfig.cgi and pay for yearly ip but should be able to use any good portforward tool to do this
to check ports http://canyouseeme.org/

Back