Unbeatable AI?

Jawn Dough

Citizen
I am curious. Has anyone ever made an unbeatable AI in UO that can counter nearly any attack thrown at it by any player, or group of players? What is the most challenging foe to date anyone has ever seen in the game?

Finaltwist

Squire
though id like to see what people come up with, a simple mob with
hits = maxhits;
in Onthink would be unbeatable :)

on a more serious note, i made some AI improvements to necromages in adventures (on server, not in package yet). I really wish there were some good AI scripts out there - people have been very secretive with their AI algos.

Jawn Dough

Citizen
I'm wondering if there is any AI that can sniff you out with detect hidden, hide and stealth away themselves, use a myriad of spells in appropriate manners, teleport away or heck even recall away and maybe even actively track you down over long distances, maybe even use summoned pets to attack, too. The possibilities are endless.

Lokai

I came across an interesting monster - not unbeatable, but had a clever mechanism that made it much harder than most. It was mounted, and could pursue at very high speed. I think it also had a very broad range and long range of perception. This made it difficult for my typical Archer's hit and run tactic. Combine that with one that can counter a strong pet, and has high resists, and it would be formidable indeed.

Izex

Citizen
I'm wondering if there is any AI that can sniff you out with detect hidden, hide and stealth away themselves, use a myriad of spells in appropriate manners, teleport away or heck even recall away and maybe even actively track you down over long distances, maybe even use summoned pets to attack, too. The possibilities are endless.
If you are a good coder you could make an AI like this.

Finaltwist

Squire
download the adventures package, try 1v1 against an honorae. it changes AI based on a number of factorsm including what the player is holding, weapon used, etc. took me 20+ hours to get the algo right. I didnt want them to be overly OP. it works well.

I also added some routines to my pvm red pks in the server (not in package yet). they throw pots, call others nearby (no more luring 1 then luring another etc), bandage heal, teleport to the player if an archer, etc.

i just started dabbling in AI and its really fun.... and everything i do is freely available for others to improve (and hopefully post so i can improve my scripts!)

Thagoras

Citizen
Well, technically you can write an AI to do any number of things...which could be considered cheating. It's all about game balance. At some point, I'm going to put together an AI that uses many player tactics. It won't be unbeatable...but hopefully it will be like facing another player.