I'm trying to look at some previews of UO Architect maps and I keep getting the following error.
I've tried it with the client location entered by hand and using the registry and both give me the same error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.Exception: You need to define the Client directory.
at UOArchitect.HouseComponent..ctor(Int32 index, Int32 z)
at UOArchitect.HouseDesign..ctor(DesignData fileHeader)
at UOArchitect.DesignsPanel.btnPreview_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2110.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
UO Architect
Assembly Version: 1.0.4321.36663
Win32 Version: 1.0.4321.36663
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ted%20Gress/Desktop/UOArchitect2-7-final/Client/UO%20Architect.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
UOArchitectInterface
Assembly Version: 1.0.4296.37499
Win32 Version: 1.0.4296.37499
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ted%20Gress/Desktop/UOArchitect2-7-final/Client/UOArchitectInterface.DLL
OrbServerSDK
Assembly Version: 1.0.1675.23963
Win32 Version: 1.0.1675.23963
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ted%20Gress/Desktop/UOArchitect2-7-final/Client/OrbServerSDK.DLL
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.7.2114.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Ultima
Assembly Version: 4.3.2.0
Win32 Version: 4.3.2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ted%20Gress/Desktop/UOArchitect2-7-final/Client/Ultima.DLL
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[edit]
I just tried Pandora's Box and it can't find the client either. It mentions something about a corrupt registry key being the possibility.

This is the stack trace from Pandora's Box:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0' is denied.
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, RegistrySecurity registrySecurity)
at TheBox.Common.MulManager.WriteRegistryKey(String path)
at TheBox.Common.MulManager.SetCustomPath()
at TheBox.Common.MulManager.FixClientPath()
at TheBox.Common.MulManager..ctor()
at TheBox.Options.Profile..ctor()
at TheBox.StartingContext.LoadProfile(String name)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at LightCore.Activation.ReflectionActivator.InvokeConstructor(ConstructorInfo constructor, IEnumerable`1 arguments)
at LightCore.Activation.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(Container container, IEnumerable`1 arguments)
at LightCore.Registration.RegistrationItem.<>c__DisplayClass1.<ActivateInstance>b__0()
at LightCore.Lifecycle.SingletonLifecycle.ReceiveInstanceInLifecycle(Func`1 newInstanceResolver)
at LightCore.Registration.RegistrationItem.ActivateInstance(Container container)
at LightCore.Container.Resolve(Type typeOfContract, String name)
at LightCore.Container.Resolve[TContract]()
at TheBox.Pandora.Main(String[] args)

Last edited:
Not sure on UOArchitect, but PandorasBox does that sometimes, especially if its installed on the desktop itself & not in ProgramFiles. What usually works is to right click it & set to Run As Administrator.

Well it checks for a registry entry. I did a fresh install and looked in my registry and there was no key there for ultima online. At least not where it was looking for it.

There is no registry key, never has been as far as I know. At least I've never found one & I've been using pandys for years.

No. Before I uninstalled the old client, there was a several registry keys. At least for UO Architect, you have to use a registry key for it to auto-detect your client. For Pandy (and I believe uoa) its this one from the stack trace above:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0' is deniedSystem.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0' is denied
[doublepost=1506078654][/doublepost]Just out of curiosity, can you check if you have a registry key at that address?

Yes, I do, always have with the clients installed. The only time I've had that error is with pandys installed on the desktop itself & not in program files or a 2nd drive (as mine is now). When installed on the desktop, you usually need to run as administrator for it to work.

Any brilliant ideas why UOArchitect is throwing this error? It stopped with the no client found error and now its giving me this for ALL the maps:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Ultima.Art.GetStatic(Int32 index, Boolean& patched)
at Ultima.Art.GetStatic(Int32 index)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
UO Architect
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ted%20Gress/Desktop/UOArchitect2-7-final/Client/UO%20Architect.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

I think it is the client. I don't think UOArchitect supports ToL. I'm afraid my shard will be corrupted if I use UO High Seas in addition.

For Pandoras -the 2nd post here add this folder into "your game folder" also when creating a new profile, be sure to point it to your game client
https://www.servuo.com/threads/pandoras-box-source.4522/

For UOA how are you going to view maps with this as I haven't seen a map for UOA- for viewing in UOFiddler I have. Also under the options tab when UOA is open -check to be sure the Auto-Dectect has a check for the game client. UOA is very old with no updates- so with using any new items with builds there will be a problem with the preview

Milva:
I had UOA working with the High Seas client installed. I'm not sure, but does that give you any clue to what the problem might be? And, if I can't use UOA to build maps, this is a noob question, but what can I for ToL?

Saihisahi: That's what I was doing but a weird error came up where all my spawners were multiplying out of control and my guess was it was from using two clients, High Seas for UOArchitect and ToL to actually play.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
[doublepost=1506095389][/doublepost]Ok. I tried UOA 2.6 and it doesn't compile. Did you use 2.6 (1.-0) or 2.6 (2.0) and what client are you using?

UOA would be for creating buildings/houses not for map making :/ I use UOA 2.7.3 with no problems-game client I use is patched up

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
[doublepost=1506095389][/doublepost]Ok. I tried UOA 2.6 and it doesn't compile. Did you use 2.6 (1.-0) or 2.6 (2.0) and what client are you using?

2.6 (2.0) and client 6.0.0.x no issues so far.

Used to throw runtime or netframework ones, i dont remember but fixed it reinstalled netframework also running UOar as admin

Any brilliant ideas why UOArchitect is throwing this error? It stopped with the no client found error and now its giving me this for ALL the maps:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Ultima.Art.GetStatic(Int32 index, Boolean& patched)
at Ultima.Art.GetStatic(Int32 index)

mscorlib
UO Architect
System.Windows.Forms
System
System.Drawing
Im getting the exact same error. Did you ever find a fix?

Back