Thanks for all the help you've provided given me to get my first UO server up and running! :)

I'm having trouble figuring out how to install/compile UO Architect. I've read many threads, could someone please point me in the right direction after reading my questions? Thanks!

I can't even figure out how to get it compiled. After following the instructions in the readme (copying the dll's & orbserver dir to the right directories and modifying the assemblies.cs,) I'm supposed to recompile the entire servUO server (right)? After I do this, the console shows nothing different (it doesnt show the uo architect server is listening to it's port.) The UO Architect client fails to connect because the packet was refused. I'm pretty sure i'm not getting it compiled right.

Then I have questions generate by the following post on the matter:

https://www.servuo.com/threads/uo-architect.1375/

On that thread, there's a screenshot showing UO Architect having been installed in a directory with RunUO, even though the discussion was about ServUO. A question is, am I supposed to be using RunUO in conjunction with ServUO to get UO Architect to work? The screenshot to which i refer in the thread is located at https://www.servuo.com/attachments/folder-jpg.1520/

Also, what is the UO Art referred to in the above thread? It seems to be a different tool than UO Architect, is that right? I cannot find much on it.

Thanks again gang.

When you say UOart, are you referring to UO Architect or some other application?

I don't think the .cs files for architect are even compiling. Should i be issuing some kind of compiler command, like the ones issued in Release.bat when you compile the server source files? Something that starts off with a csc.exe, maybe?

No you just need to put the Orb remote folder in you custom folder- yes I do mean Uo architect- then check to be sure you have the assemblies .cs you did add these
System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
OrbServerSDK.dll
UOArchitectInterface.dll

Thanks for the clarification. I've followed all these instructions more than once. Nothing changes in the console window during, or after compilation from runs without architect code.

When you say "custom" folder, you're referring to the "CustomScripts" folder, yes? That's the only point in the instructions I was not 100% on. Even the "core directory" term didn't throw me ;)

Correct your custom scripts folder. So after you did all this you restarted the server. This will be all which you will see on the server window
13945 do you run the server as administrator?

Just to be sure when you open the Orb Remote Folder (custom folder) it looks as this =then when you open the UOART folder there are a bunch of cs scripts/

Last edited:
Everything done just like that, just as per the readme & forum posts. I don't see anything new in the console window during compilation or after running servuo.exe. Port 2594 is not open for business either after running the server. The error I receive when I try to connect using UOART in spite of these facts: Connection Failed (new line) No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:2594 <end of error>

Just to be safe, I'm going to make a custom rule in my (windows 10) firewall, manually. I'll don't like the odds on hoping this will fix the problem, but am going to try it anyway and will report back if that fixes it.

Back