I am running kde neon a linux distro. I have installed mono and wine. I followed all directions for installing UO Architect. watched the tut video from this
site. uninstalled and reinstalled wine. changed wine from stable version to staging. Architect says it is connected on port 2594 on my server.
i get all kinds of errors whiled changing tabs on the gui. and when i try to build or preview. the whole program crashes. Architect version is 2.7 that i got from this site. i followed directions this is not the first time i used architect but the first time on linux. assemblies have been changed even put a second one in Assemblies_4_0.cfg to try to see if that was the problem. the error is >>>>>>>

OrbServerSDK.OrbClient' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040152 (REGDB_E_KEYMISSING)
at OrbServerSDK.OrbClient..cctor()
i will upload the full text file so you can see all other instances of errors.
i know it is either something simple i missed or wine is not installing correctly with the right depencies for architect to run.
Please and any help with this will be grateful It is driving me batsh** crazy.

Thanks in advance.
umm text file will not load up on this site says it is the wrong config or format or something like that so here is the complete error

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'OrbServerSDK.OrbClient' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040152 (REGDB_E_KEYMISSING)
at OrbServerSDK.OrbClient..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at OrbServerSDK.OrbClient.get_IsConnected()
at UOArchitect.UOARToolBox.mnuConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
UO Architect
Assembly Version: 1.0.4321.36663
Win32 Version: 1.0.4321.36663
CodeBase: file:///Z:/home/kevin/Client/UO%20Architect.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
UOArchitectInterface
Assembly Version: 1.0.4296.37499
Win32 Version: 1.0.4296.37499
CodeBase: file:///Z:/home/kevin/Client/UOArchitectInterface.DLL
OrbServerSDK
Assembly Version: 1.0.1675.23963
Win32 Version: 1.0.1675.23963
CodeBase: file:///Z:/home/kevin/Client/OrbServerSDK.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Ultima
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///Z:/home/kevin/Client/Ultima.DLL
sorry for the long format post

So I removed both wine and mono and reinstalled still no go. i am lost i hope someone has a idea how to get architect to work in linux kde neon. i just don't see what i am doing wrong. here is a copy of my uo architect.xml file mybe someone can tell me what is going on by that. if i try to preview or build the program just crashes.

Attachments

• UO Architect.xml
    506 bytes · Views: 0
Seems alot of patrons here just run windows. For the last couple days i was wondering why i switched lol. but i solved my own problem.
I am not going to go into detail of what i did . i think it would be lost for the most part most ppl on here don't even use linux. but feel free to leave me a
message i will explain what i did. for 18.04 users of ubuntu, KDE Neon, and probly also linux mint. ..
and thanks Milva for putting my original post where it should be. hard to know if it was a uo architect issue or mono/wine issue.

Back