UO Architect won't compile - trying to follow the instruction

Bonaccorso

Rookie
Mar 1, 2019
I'm trying to isntall UO Architect 2.7.3 found on this site, with my servuo. Installed, but when I try to complie, I get a whole load of errors like:

Custom\OrbRemoteServer\OrbServer.cs(3,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'OrbServerSDK' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) . [C:\ServUO-master\Scripts\Scripts.csproj]
Custom\OrbRemoteServer\OrbServer.cs(6,40): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Tcp' does not exist in the namespace "System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels" (возможно, отсутствует ссылка на сборку). [C:\ServUO-master\Scripts\Scripts.csproj]

That's what I did for install:
Client folder of UOAR - put into servuo folder, so it's in C:\ServUO-master\Client now
Placed OrbRemoteServer UOAR folder into C:\ServUO-master\Scripts\Custom\OrbRemoteServer
Placed three dlls - System.Runtime.Remoting.dll, OrbServerSDK.dll, UOArchitectInterface.dll - to the core folder C:\ServUO-master
Added lines in Assemblies.cfg, so now that's how it looks:
Code:
System.dll
System.Core.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.IO.Compression.FileSystem.dll
OrbServerSDK.dll
UOArchitectInterface.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

Ultima.dll
It seems I followed the instructions, but I might have forgot something, it seems, as it doesn't even close compile.

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Donate money to this user
if your are using the newest ServUO, you have to make a ref in the Scripts.csproj file, they change how things start up, assembies is for pre Pub57 , there might be more, this is from feedback on systems of mine that people solved by adding the ref to the Scripts.csproj
Post automatically merged:

So, I solved custom Sickness System errors problem myself.
I added inside script.csproj file in the ItemGroup section a line
<Reference Include="System.Windows.Forms" />
Now build was completed sucessfuly.

Bonaccorso

Rookie
Mar 1, 2019
if your are using the newest ServUO, you have to make a ref in the Scripts.csproj file, they change how things start up, assembies is for pre Pub57 , there might be more, this is from feedback on systems of mine that people solved by adding the ref to the Scripts.csproj
Thanks! Yes, of the newest ones. And unfortunately with adding the line <Reference Include="System.Windows.Forms" /> it doesn't work either. Maybe really something else in addition should be added there - so far, same errors.

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
The example was for reference, not to be used for UOA, it has different dll's needed, use the example to add the ones you need for UOA

Code:
<Reference Include="OrbServerSDK.dll" />

Reactions: Bonaccorso

Bonaccorso

Rookie
Mar 1, 2019
The example was for reference, not to be used for UOA, it has different dll's needed, use the example to add the ones you need for UOA

Code:
My bad, it becomes really late here, and I'm a bit slow :)

But doesn't work as well. Added:
C#:
  <ItemGroup>
    <Reference Include="UOArchitectInterface.dll" />
    <Reference Include="System.Runtime.Remoting.dll" />
  </ItemGroup>
And now get two more warnings like
C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\3.1.401\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2084,5): warning MSB3245: ... and something about not being able to find OrbServerSDK.dll", same for UOArchitectInterface.dll too, despite all those dlls are in root folder of servuo.

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
I think each one needs its own group, not sure, like I said, I am only going off feedback, I have not yet used the new servuo, I am still on 57 myself!

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
The client folder can just go on your desktop, easy to get to. When you open the servuo folder , you added the dell there and not in a folder?

Bonaccorso

Rookie
Mar 1, 2019
The client folder can just go on your desktop, easy to get to. When you open the servuo folder , you added the dell there and not in a folder?
Yes, I put Client folder there only to have all the stuff together.

And yes, all three dll's are no longer in Server folder but in C:\ServUO-master

I'm really surprised that it didn't work.

Bonaccorso

Rookie
Mar 1, 2019
:) You can only build with Uo art- can’t do any thing to the map
Yeah you are right, UO Architech but it doesn't compile for me, or CentralED which kinda worked but only for buggy 7.0.23.1 version. I think I'll try to deal with Scripts.csproj more as I was advised few posts above, I'll look for how it did look before but not sure I'll find there the answer. And maybe I found 7.0.20 version to try CentrED on it - I'll check when gonna be by my laptop.