Is there a version of UOA that when you build the building in your shard you can turn it around?
Norman is correct, there is not a version that will allow you to "flip" a building in another direction. Only some individual items can be flipped, as long as there is a graphic of the flipped direction (NS/WE).

I did find a program called UO Building Rotator. Which is used to rotate the buildings you have created.

You must save the UO Architect files as txt files, run UO Rotator, select txt file, let it do its thing, then save the new creation.

FYI -- I have used it once and seems to work. Its a beta version. Having trouble importing into UOA.
But thought I would share the program here for anyone else who might be interested.

Website where I found it is here -- http://ultima.manawydan.cz/download_orbsydia.php

* * * * EDIT * * * *
After using it a couple of times, creating files and finding out they are empty, I can see why nobody uses this. And my search continues.

Attachments

• uorotator10beta.rar
    16.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I think it would be possible, but you'd have to predetermine every items flipped alternative in some sort of database (walls, windows, roof, etc etc). You're better off just manually building the structure facing a different direction.

I am sure there is something out there that can do this, or something similar, we just need to either find it or make it.
Someone else can do the making, I will just be the idea-man.

You could probably just use UOTC's code to handle rotation, it's a little outdated on it's "data base" through.

I know a lot of people have said it doesn't exist, but I could have sworn there was a UOA out there that when you build inside of your shard, you could also turn the structure.

UOAR 1.7.2(?) *was* going to have that ability by merging UOTC 's methods into it. However Khaybel decided to pass the UOAR project to another person, soo... I just stopped things on my end. That being said, I think Khaybal ended up mixing versions, like I've seen a zip/rar running around with the about half of the MobileSaver script.

That thing was supposed to handle Spawners for you. It'd read when a Spawner was being saved and instead flip it's Item ID to 1 and adjust the Z to match a type list + 1,000. Then in game if you attempted to build an item with an ID of 1 (which is a no draw btw) it'd verify the Z was over 1,000. If so it'd place a Spawner of the indexed type at the X/Y coordinates, using the standard get Z methods, and run the respawn on it. This would allow UOAR to be used to directly save & load entire spawned dungeons and towns for PvM/PvE events and such.

Back