Hey all, i was wondering if there are any good tutorials of Centered to help understand some things. i have gotten extremely good at using this program but things like under the drawing tiles tab where it says, "place the tile with a chance to" i dont get. Wondering if there is a tutorial that explains it all just in case im making things harder than they need to be =P. Also, does anyone have any idea how to select a whole area and have it place trees like a map generator would? random statics? i have a bunch of new tress but i was hoping i could do something that way instead of placing a whole block of solid trees. thanks

Multi part trees are harder to do, but for simpler stuff like stones, grasses or flowers in a field you can add those to the random list, then also add a whole bunch of something you'll remove later like a fireball to the random list, say 10 flower types and 90 fireballs, then as you place from the area pool the flowers will show up 10% of the time, then do an area filter and delete the fireballs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cly8febmz6qyf3h/RandomGeneration.webm?dl=0

You can also just use the random chance placement option, instead of trying to delete a bunch of place holders.

It's in the draw tool, second or third option.

For the multipart trees i usually just go ingame, making specific trees macros, and "plant" each tree by pressing a number key.
Once that is done, i freeze the result on the map.

That technique is very useful for jungle trees.

Back