Hey community and all the good programmers out there:

Since I am using UOFiddler a lot and I bet I am not the only one I would suggest to give it some modern overhauls that would be quite useful in the future.
Anyway I am no programmer, so I can only make some suggestions and hope for the community to translate them in actual code for the fiddler.

1. Show empty slots properly: Everyone who has large files know it is a pain in the a*** to search for empty slots in fiddler, this should be fixed.
  2. Auto sort items into lists by name: Well this would be a cool feature to have for the fiddler to work with Centred+ aswell. To prevent the poor worldbuilders from searching for hours fiddler should have a function that automatically transfers all the implemented items in a list sorted by names (all trees in one place, etc). I guess this could really help.
  3. Expand to a proper file size. Ok come on, we all know we can use a lot more slots than UO is showing us, even textures etc can be expanded and used. So fiddler should be able to handle filesizes up to 0xffff for every file! (items, textures, mapitems, anims, etc...)
  4. Read and edit the damn .uop files. o_O....
  5. Fix the slow performance (Sometime fiddler is very very slow when loading items)
  6. Bugfix for the options: If one enters a filepath where to save files...it should be saved....
  7. Show items properly:
    I will creep through the community with my large blends like rocks and stuff... So it would be very cool if fiddler could show large items properly....
So, that is it from my site.... It would be cool if we all stay together and get this thing to a new level. There should be guys out there to handle this and it helps everybody :)

Thank you for reading :)

Valorian

I would 100% love to. That being said, I have no experience coding with regard to an application and my time is extremely limited as is.

I am in the same boat very little experience with programming . If i could that would be the first thing i would update for sure. We are going to have to wait till one of the more experience programmers take the feat on . I Would say it is a pain in the butt or some of the greatest would have done it . I have my fingers crossed for the future though . Even know they are and have been crossed for sometime now lol .... my two cents ;)

Back