So far, I've only looked at this set of apps. But I see it's a redesigned UO Landscaper. I see that it uses its xml files, which is good because I don't have to remake them. But not all programs work for me when saving a render image or map. I need to examine this in more detail. Otherwise, I see the authors, it's probably the work of people from orbsidia.

Actually @golfin, you couldn't be more wrong.

it's probably the work of people from orbsidia.
Post automatically merged:

The truth about Map Creator: _.png.png

I actually developed MapCreator (formally Ultima Online Map Creator), and I did it to see if I could. @golfin: you are correct that the program is a clone of UOLandscaper (UOL) which was developed by a friend of mine at the University of Toronto; a guy you might know as dKnight who did, in fact, did release his program to OrBSydia. However where UOLandscaper was developed in Visual Basic, my clone was developed in C# and was meant to be released as an open-source community version of UOLandscaper. The reason I did not take the UOLandscaper name was because, while dKnight gave me permission to recode his program and add any sub-programs I wanted to it, he told be to change the name because he didn't want me taking credit for his original work.

Now the knitty-gritty... this is the first version of the program Map Creator. It hasn't been refined and was coded about five (5-7) years ago. That means a lot of the tools it came with probably wont work with the newest clients. This program was developed for clients 5.0.9.1 - 7.0.23.2 and if it worked beyond that, then it was a miracle. I do have plans to ressurect this program, but I wont be doing that anytime soon due to other projects getting in the way. If anyone wants to help me with the revamp of this program I am open to having someone on board with me. However I do not advise anyone use this program if you are not using any client in between the client version range I mentioned above.

Last edited:
I'd love to see the project on github, getting updates and community help has really sped the developement of the programs.

Thank you gamatec for the information. I think your set of programs deserves an update, it seems to me like a quality tool for creating maps. So far, I use UO Landscaper, but I see more potential in your suite of programs. Good work. Unfortunately, I probably won't help you much, because I'm not a programmer. But at least I can send you xml files that I created for UO Landscaper. I'll prepare them in a few days.

Awesome of you to include the source code! I'm actually attempting to stop this program from raising the mountain to land transition. Would you happen to know what causes the mountain to be raised? ive been through all the .cs files today and into all of the dlls in the source even compiled a few dlls for testing but I cant seem to find anything that makes any sense to me.

I'm working on making landscaper generate nice smooth maps but this auto raised mountain feature is blocking me out.

Back