If you like a shard where you can actually get that good feeling of accomplishing something without handouts or overpowered junk, you should check out nightshade. It's growing fast and the staff there are the best and very good at what they do.

Not my shard, but one of the best I've seen around.

No, there is not PvP, but the challenge in PvM is quite fun, just like it was before the shards with 6 million customs were added. You earn things again with a little work. That makes the game the way it should be.

The owner is very talented and the GM's are great and don't cater. No donations.

A little info from the shard's site:

Non-PvP server
Pet breeding, leveling, and bio-engineering
Evo Pets
Custom quests and bosses

And lurking their forums a tad it seems they have supply stones. No mention of the skill and stat caps however.

Yeah, there are some customs and their shard is in beta stage. There is no PvP at the moment which really doesn't matter to me since most post t2A shards now are full of "send pet in, run and hide.. ooh look at me I'm a pvp god" shards i.e. the "pet of the month" shards or credit card warrior shards. They do have one custom tame but it isn't going to kill all the mobs in a shard by itself and can be easily outdone with a normal pet if you train it right. The same goes with the few custom armors from old custom quests.

The staff are active and the owner holds a weekly, lengthy meeting to cover player and staff input.. you don't see that much anymore except for the owners that hold a meeting where their concern is what donation crap to add next. Not here. I hear there are evo pets, but I have yet to see one.

I believe the supply stones are there temporarily to encourage crafting until enough people are around and there are more and more coming weekly.

I personally run a vendor house near the training area where new players can get spell books, classic pets and a lot of other things to get started for free that I made/tamed myself. There are no handouts and the GMs step in and help every time I've seen someone with an issue. There are usually at least 1 or 2 on and if not they get back to you asap if you pm them.

Simply put, it is great to earn things and see active owners and staff that don't care about your credit card and don't edit your posts on their forum *cough cough* to ensure new people don't see anything someone may have had an issue with. The way it should be.

Peace

Ahh yeah, as far as bio-engineering. Right now it is set to the lowest stat settings so basically if you started it tight now it would be basically to make a cool looking pet. I'm sure the stats will be adjusted but not past better classic pets. They also are making one of the coolest dungeons I've ever seen. A massive under sea dungeon with bio mat dropping mobs that is three levels with a boss or mini champ. It has been created by Joy, one of the most talented creators I've known in freeshards. Her work and skill is incredible.

Hey guys !

Thanks for supporting my shard ! :D

I wasn't sure how and when to advertise, but heh, it seems started now. lol

Indeed, we are still in Beta. A lot of effort is still being done to bring things under balance and under control.
The current community, although small, is growing fast and tight.

Thanks for your feedback @TheDoc !
It's great to feel supported.

Okay, a hint on what is coming next : a brand new undersea dungeon ! ;)

Back up and running ... :)

Sorry for all these troubles guys.

Server is much most modest than previous time.

It will be a private shard as I said in another post.

Free testing for 5 days : play.uo-nightshade.live

Enjoy !

(server run on Debian Jessie with Mono. Working smooth up to now. PM me if you try to run a server on Debian. tchuss)

Back