Hey everyone.

So I am trying to join the Odyssey server I have set up from within my own network.

Basically, starting the server on one computer and then trying to join the server.

It can see the server but when I try to log-in I get dumped with a connection rejected error.

My Windows firewall is down and I have forwarded my external IP to the internal IP of the machine acting as the server (although I don't think that should matter, given I'm not coming in from outside).

So UO Odyssey can find the server, it just can't join.

What do I need to provide in terms of screenshots etc. so this AWESOME community can offer me some guidance? :)

Thanks!

Steve

Are you trying to access it on the public or private IP? Some routers do not like NAT Hairpinning, especially out of the box

Last edited:
Private IP.

I am attaching three screenshots.
  • server startup.PNG (this is on the host machine)
  • connection refused.PNG is the screen I get when I try to connect from another machine that is on my internal network
  • target machine refused.PNG is the UO Odyssey startup screen, with associated error message
Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

Attachments

• connection refused.PNG
    connection refused.PNG
    171.3 KB · Views: 18
  • server startup.PNG
    server startup.PNG
    37.3 KB · Views: 19
  • target machine refused.PNG
    target machine refused.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 17
127.0.0.1 is loopback, but from your wording it sounds like server and client are different machines. If connecting to the LAN IP, it would most likely be the 192.168.0.10 address shown in server console.

thx Zavreyon

Checking my machine this morning, it looks like the Windows Defender firewall got turned back on. Damn Microsoft and their updates!!! LOL

I will create an exception and see if that works but if it doesn’t, do I have to open a particular script file and put that internal IP into it,

thanks again!!!

No. I thought it would be your firewall but you expressed you were so certain in your posts that it wasn't the issue.

thx Zavreyon

Checking my machine this morning, it looks like the Windows Defender firewall got turned back on. Damn Microsoft and their updates!!! LOL

I will create an exception and see if that works but if it doesn’t, do I have to open a particular script file and put that internal IP into it,

thanks again!!!

I mean the IP address your CLIENT appears to be connecting to is 127.0.0.1, which is a loopback to that same machine. If they aren't on the same machine, that wont work. If this odyssey distribution was already preconfigured to play with both client and server on the same box, you will have to make slight changes to split the two.

I don't really play Odyssey, but it looks like its using ClassicUO from your screenshot, in which you would need to edit the server IP Address via the settings.json file as described here: https://github.com/andreakarasho/ClassicUO/wiki/Installation, particularly this part:

When you first run the client it will generate a [settings.json] file and close the client. Open the file and fill in the Server IP, Server Port, your UO Directory, and UO Client Version.

By default, windows firewall should somewhat trust machines on your own LAN depending on settings (work/home network zone) so you probably shouldn't need to open ports to play via LAN, only public zone.

Once again reserving the right to blame being on the other side of 50 :) Nah, one of the first things I usually do after installing Windows is make sure the firewall is configured correctly. I evidently did not do that this time.

No. I thought it would be your firewall but you expressed you were so certain in your posts that it wasn't the issue.
In addition, my initial request for assistance was around getting the game up and running. That I did. The new wrinkle came into play when I started a server on one PC and wanted to join it from another, within my home network :)

In addition, my initial request for assistance was around getting the game up and running. That I did. The new wrinkle came into play when I started a server on one PC and wanted to join it from another, within my home network :)
a public server.. aye.. but how?

Back