i am fiddling with uo 2.3 and a 2.6...
both have same problem with installing custom house, only installs the floor. and pre set houses have problem with the floor seems to be 2 layers, char sinks and then is stuck.
also
would like to eventually make all towns in ruins each town with a different level spawn of monsters. looking mb somebody has a plat form to just download and install as perm.

thank you scripters!

The issue you are describing is commonly caused by using older client versions. YMMV with using older clients.

As far as making the towns ruins, you can accomplish this with the [unfreeze command in game. This can get tricky.

your first step is to BACK UP everything, client and server files.
next, you would have to do the following to change/remove buildings:
you would need to unfreeze a building (don't do a whole town at once, bad things happen) this function works as a bounding box so target point A, and point B to make a square that encompasses the target area. (freeze works the same way)

then save, and copy the SERVER static files to your client files to see the change.
log back in, you can then delete the now unfrozen structure. add what you want there using pandora's box.
to commit the new structure, use [freeze and target what you built. (bounding box functionality).

it's over all not too complicated to figure out just keep track of what you do. screenshots and notes help.

i am trying to install xmlspawner
have done a few downloads and can not get the spawner to work? i am running myuo2.3!
i need a spawner to get spawns going on my shard....

Back