Hey guys, just installed a fresh updated copy of UO on my new computer. Everything in the tabs works except the art tab which gets to 63% load, then throws this exception:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\UOFiddlerArt.hash' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at FiddlerControls.ItemShow.MakeHashFile()
at FiddlerControls.ItemShow.worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

seems to be something in the UOFiddlerArt.hash file.. anyone else run into this?

I haven't encountered this issue before, but check the permissions on the UOFiddlerArt.hash file and if that doesn't solve it. You should be able to just delete the UOFiddlerArt.hash file as it will be recreated.

The weird thing is, i cant even find that file... it isnt in my UO Folder at all
[doublepost=1545878069][/doublepost]oh weird.. so instead of loading the
Copia" setting that comes with it, i switched it to UOP profile and it worked!

Just a paths issue :)
You can edit those config files in Notepad as well. They are just XML and its a bit easier than setting the paths in UOFiddler manually.
I use Notepad++ personally and can change all the directories to the one I need. I did it with a simple "Find & Replace". Takes only a few seconds.

Glad you got it working!

Back