Hi guys

I'm using the server ServUO LoA 2-11-18 that was posted on this forum.
My UO version is 7.0.82.17.
I run the client with Orion launcher v.1.0.0.0

When i attempt to connect to my server using both Pandoras Box version 3.0.0.5 & UOArchitect 2.7
I keep getting the following.

Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [2 Online]
Client: 127.0.0.1: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [1 Online]

I tried switching the ports around to 2594(and many other ports), like i read in another thread, but when i do that, it dosnt even come up with the messages about connect/disconnect due to encryption, it just stalls for a second and nothing happens.

Another problem im having is with UOFiddler version 4.9.

When i try to run the program it wont start, i just get an error message:

The object reference is not set to an instance of an object.

by UoFiddler.Forms.MainForm.LoadExternToolStripMenu ()
by UoFiddler.Forms.MainForm..ctor ()
by UoFiddler.Program.Main ()

I have tried searching both this forum and google for sollutions, but to no avail sadly.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Pandoras box is very old with no updates- the boxserver doesn't work for sure -
Try this new Program - UO blackbox-this program works as pandora's and quite a bit of UO Art also I believe

For UOFiddler- add this converted UOFolder in your game folder -
2nd Post

Be sure to point UOFiddler to your game folder also

Hmm, I would probably prefer to run Pandora with a normal client, orion I don't know if he can handle this program. As Milva wrote, Pandora is a very old program. orion is a UO hack that can't work with old things. This also applies to UO Architect. Orion doesn't know him.
Use clasic original client for construction, not orion.

Pandoras box is very old with no updates- the boxserver doesn't work for sure -
Try this new Program - UO blackbox-this program works as pandora's and quite a bit of UO Art also I believe

For UOFiddler- add this converted UOFolder in your game folder -
2nd Post

Be sure to point UOFiddler to your game folder also

I got the extra stuff for UOFiddle installed in my game directory, aswell as pointing it to my gamefolder. It's still coming up with the disconnect issue.

I tried the Blackbox program, this is what happend:

Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'NAME'
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [1 Online] [NAME]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Account 'NAME' at character list

Could it be because i've got it set to 1 user pr.ip somewhere on default ?

Also a side note, the only port my server will even considder to notice is the 2593, anything else dont even come up. it just sit for a few seconds and nothing after that.

Hmm, I would probably prefer to run Pandora with a normal client, orion I don't know if he can handle this program. As Milva wrote, Pandora is a very old program. orion is a UO hack that can't work with old things. This also applies to UO Architect. Orion doesn't know him.
Use clasic original client for construction, not orion.
agree with golfin, download the classic client and use it for those programs. :)

when you both tell me to download the classic client, you mean the 2D one right ?
It's the only one i use.

How can i connect to my server without razor or Orion ?
It seems it wants to connect to the EA servers no matter what i do.

I've tried changing the ip to 127.0.0.1,2593 in the Login.cfg aswell as UO.cfg. But to no avail.

Also a big thanks for your help guys, i wish i didnt have to ask these newbie dumbass questions, im doing my best to be self sufficient :D

Yes, the classic client is a 2D version. UO.cfg does not need to be configured. Just the Login.cfg file, where you enter the correct IP address and port of your server. On your home computer it will be 127.0.0.1,293. if you have a server elsewhere, it must be a different address number. But I think you have it on your computer at home. that's why it amazes me that you can't connect. Check the settings of your emulator (ServUO, RunUO). You may not be using the correct client. You may need a decript. What does your console list?

I tried the Blackbox program, this is what happend:

Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'NAME'
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [1 Online] [NAME]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Account 'NAME' at character list

Also a big thanks for your help guys, i wish i didnt have to ask these newbie dumbass questions, im doing my best to be self sufficient :D

If you are using UOBlackBox, it does not connect to the server directly like Pandora Box, if the server is local then all you need to do is start UOBlackBox, Then add a controlbox in game and turn it on(double click) for the program to talk with your character in game! If you are connecting to a remote server, then you'll need to hook up the remote server ext in settings and make sure to run the UOBlackBox Server where you run the server!

BTW : I assumed you had set up UOBlackBox on first use via settings, if not, then you must on first use go to the settings and set the box up, 5 steps and a few files to download!

(...)
Another problem im having is with UOFiddler version 4.9.

When i try to run the program it wont start, i just get an error message:

The object reference is not set to an instance of an object.

by UoFiddler.Forms.MainForm.LoadExternToolStripMenu ()
by UoFiddler.Forms.MainForm..ctor ()
by UoFiddler.Program.Main ()

I have tried searching both this forum and google for sollutions, but to no avail sadly.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Just download 4.9.1 pre-release it should work fine. https://github.com/polserver/UOFiddler/releases

download the above release for UOFiddler to see how that helps :) use the classic client for these programs- is there a reason you can't use razor to login your server?

Yes, the classic client is a 2D version. UO.cfg does not need to be configured. Just the Login.cfg file, where you enter the correct IP address and port of your server. On your home computer it will be 127.0.0.1,293. if you have a server elsewhere, it must be a different address number. But I think you have it on your computer at home. that's why it amazes me that you can't connect. Check the settings of your emulator (ServUO, RunUO). You may not be using the correct client. You may need a decript. What does your console list?

Yeah im running my server on my own pc, and im running ServUO.
My console is saying: Restricting client version to 7.0.85.15. which is also the UO client im useing.

If you are using UOBlackBox, it does not connect to the server directly like Pandora Box, if the server is local then all you need to do is start UOBlackBox, Then add a controlbox in game and turn it on(double click) for the program to talk with your character in game! If you are connecting to a remote server, then you'll need to hook up the remote server ext in settings and make sure to run the UOBlackBox Server where you run the server!

BTW : I assumed you had set up UOBlackBox on first use via settings, if not, then you must on first use go to the settings and set the box up, 5 steps and a few files to download!

I have run the settings as my first thing. I cant seem to get it to work tho, How would i add a controlbox in the game ? That might be what im missing for it to work properly.
Im not on a remote server, as its running on my own PC. :)

Just download 4.9.1 pre-release it should work fine. https://github.com/polserver/UOFiddler/releases

Thanks this version worked like a charm =)

download the above release for UOFiddler to see how that helps :) use the classic client for these programs- is there a reason you can't use razor to login your server?

I can run my client with Razor, but i thought it wasnt good to run programs like Razor and Orion if i were going to build stuff on my server. Or did i missunderstand something ? :)

Correct you can use razor for login and use pandoras or UOArt with razor - you can't view UOFiddler with being on the server or I never could :)

In game [add BBControlBox (once you have it in your pack, double click to turn it on) *My bad for not having instructions on this, it was in one of the update posts and requires people to read through the progression and updates to know all the changes/additions/features!

- Once turned on, you should be able to use the tools.

* I only asked about remoting because that has a few more steps to follow and has a server that needs to be running, but since you are not, you don't need to bother with that in settings!

You are using a decrypt client, or an original client. This is also important to know. If the original client cannot connect to the server, try decrypting it.

Back