Ok. I was using MapGen2 but switched to UO Landscaper. I'm using custom tiles and am able to have them display properly. Now I am trying to have it also use custom transition tiles and can't seem to be able to figure out how to do it. I've edited every file that I saw that seemed to have anything to do with the transitions but to no avail. I hope someone is familiar with this process and is willing to help.

Thanks!

Sorthious

I'd might be able to help you, but you're going to have to add me to your skype because its a long process to do manually. Tbe other option is still using skype....

I currently have the source code for the UOL software suite. I have all the main programs working except SEdit, Twiz, and TEdit... I need help making these programs work because I'm doing this from a decompiled source that was translated into C# from VB... Once those programs are done I will have the full source to UOL which means that we can make changes to the programs finally.

Twiz and TEdit allow you to create custom transition xml files automatically while the SEdit allows you to create new terrains that you can add swatch colors to in Photoshop.

My skype is: arthurasrossi

The original developer refuses to release the original code and has left UO for good. He was working on 2.0 but it never saw the light of day. He has since given me his blessing to decompile and attempt to recompile the source from what the decompiler gives me. That means that there is a lot that can go wrong because the decompiler isn't 100% perfect... it outputs maybe 98% of the code correctly.

I actually figured out how to add my custom transitions and it was working fine but then once I got to a certain point it wouldnt compile the xml files for tiles over LandID 5050(i think that was the number.) You will laugh but I don't have Skype set up...Guess I will go ahead and do that now.

Oh.....I was using Twiz to add the transitions....I think the error was due to a the data type being used that was out of range. I don't know much about programming but will help in any way I can

The data type errors are because the ultima.dll is customized and out of date. It simply cannot be replaced. Someone needs to open it up, fix it, and recompile it. The problem is that it's searching for a uo directory most people do not have on their computers anymore; EAGames in the program files folder. The last installation that puts that folder in was UOGold I believe.

That version of Ultima Online is around the 8th Age era and the UOLandscaper software can only read from it's files. So if you're adding custom terrain at this time you actually need to edit 2 sets of game files and sync the tile id's and texture id's.... or it will not work as desired. Your limitation at this point is on UOGold... not the client you're actually using.

Back