Greeting folks!

I was hoping someone could clarify the information on the wiki: https://www.servuo.com/wiki/convertuoptomul/

I downloaded the version of UOFiddler from the wiki, and followed all the directions until I get to this part:
"5. On the far right of the screen, you'll see the "UOP Packer" menu, click that. I have it highlighted in the image below..."

I don't have a UOP Packer menu, and the image no longer shows.

I know the UOP Packer is a plugin, do I have to do something to enable it? Nothing is listed in the "plugins" part of Fiddler...

So far I have had no luck at all editing the new map files... does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Hello, When you open Fiddler go to the plugins drop down on top of fiddler, go to manage, click all the plugins you want to enable and close fiddler. Restart app and open plugins again to make sure the plugins you wanted to use are highlighted, also you should see the tab for UOP packer on top with the other tabs. Hope this helps

Hello, When you open Fiddler go to the plugins drop down on top of fiddler, go to manage, click all the plugins you want to enable and close fiddler. Restart app and open plugins again to make sure the plugins you wanted to use are highlighted, also you should see the tab for UOP packer on top with the other tabs. Hope this helps
That is what I expected, but despite having a bunch of files (dll's and pdb's) in my Fiddler Plugins folder when I go to manage plugins there is nothing in there, it's all blank...

Take a look here: LINK you'll find more ways to work with uop.
Yes, I read that thread. It seems to conclude you can't edit the new maps...

That is what I expected, but despite having a bunch of files (dll's and pdb's) in my Fiddler Plugins folder when I go to manage plugins there is nothing in there, it's all blank...

That is the conclusion I am coming to as well, CentrED+ etc. seem to expect a very specific size of file, and if it is not the right size it will not load it. Also taking a map form an older client, editing it, converting it to UOP and uploading does not work for newer clients again because of the map size difference, it appears to work at first but map is unplayable as it will just dissapear on you. I am trying really hard to figure out if this is possible at all

Check if the windows is not blocking the plugin dll https://github.com/polserver/UOFiddler/issues/18#issuecomment-609106905 .

UOP packer plugin is only wrapper for code from LegacyMULConverter https://github.com/cbnolok/LegacyMULConverter-N and from what I see it works just fine. Which version are you using?

Since february I'm helping maintain main Fiddler repo so if you have any bugs let me know or just create issue on github. https://github.com/polserver/UOFiddler Pre-release usually is stable enough for use :)

Last edited:

Here is the fiddler I use, hope this helps. Also i use the default-Copia profile, thats what worked for me

Attachments

• UOFiddler.zip
    936.2 KB · Views: 25
That is the conclusion I am coming to as well, CentrED+ etc. seem to expect a very specific size of file, and if it is not the right size it will not load it. Also taking a map form an older client, editing it, converting it to UOP and uploading does not work for newer clients again because of the map size difference, it appears to work at first but map is unplayable as it will just dissapear on you. I am trying really hard to figure out if this is possible at all
Same here... I have not had much luck thus far. I have read lot about the different maps and converting the UOP's to MUL's so you can edit them, but the one I tried seemed to work, but it crashed the Client and the Server when I tried to log in. That's why I was trying Fiddler...

If I have any luck I will let you know, and if you figure it out give me a shout please!
Post automatically merged:

Check if the windows is not blocking the plugin dll https://github.com/polserver/UOFiddler/issues/18#issuecomment-609106905 .

UOP packer plugin is only wrapper for code from LegacyMULConverter https://github.com/cbnolok/LegacyMULConverter-N and from what I see it works just fine. Which version are you using?

Since february I'm helping maintain main Fiddler repo so if you have any bugs let me know or just create issue on github. https://github.com/polserver/UOFiddler Pre-release usually is stable enough for use :)
Awesome... thank you AsYlum! I will try this fix this weekend!

I am using Version 4.6, which was the most recent one I found...

I am glad to see so many people still enjoy UO... I played from the Beta all the way up to the Samurai Empire, then got fed up with EA jacking the price up and adding so much non-Ultima stuff to the game. I recently ran across UOForever and started playing on their server and enjoy it immensely! I have got my son, both my girls, and my brother-in-law all playing now, and my son went crazy when I showed him how to modify the scripts for ServUO to customize things for a custom server. He wants to edit the map to bad, but no luck as of yet!!
Post automatically merged:

Here is the fiddler I use, hope this helps. Also i use the default-Copia profile, thats what worked for me
Thanks Manofwar! I will check and see if this version does any better.

I appreciate all of you guys responding!

Last edited:
I am glad to see so many people still enjoy UO... I played from the Beta all the way up to the Samurai Empire, then got fed up with EA jacking the price up and adding so much non-Ultima stuff to the game. I recently ran across UOForever and started playing on their server and enjoy it immensely! I have got my son, both my girls, and my brother-in-law all playing now, and my son went crazy when I showed him how to modify the scripts for ServUO to customize things for a custom server. He wants to edit the map to bad, but no luck as of yet!!
Exact same timeframe I played and reason I quit. And I also came back on a free shard then decided to dink around with a server for my own fun and to learn C#! Amazing how this game has aged so well...

Nothing to contribute beyond that :)

For any Win10 users that can't get the uoppacker plugin to show up, you may need to unblock it. Go to the plugins folder, find uoppacker.dll, right click, select properties, and at the bottom of the window check the "unblock" box. Win10 blocks many .dll files that are from the web. Also, once you have enabled it in Fiddler, you need to restart Fiddler before you'll see the tab.

Back