Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiffo submitted a new resource:

UOSteam/AssistUO for ClassicUO - uosteam, scriptable assistant, similar in the scripting engine to the original UOSteam/AssistUO

You will be given access to the full source code for the UOSteam clone, bsd license, clause 3, that will play internally in the client ClassicUO, no external requirement is needed, with this assistant you can get cuo to work cross-platform without any other hassle in your shard.

In a case of need you can ask for a minimal help in integrating it with your own client of your shard, but in that case I will need source & details.

View attachment 20610

Read more about this resource...

I wrote it, and I sell it. yes.

But I'm not selling "the rights", I'm giving access to source on github for you to use for, this is a one man project.

edit: accessing github also implies that there will be updates on every type of confirmed bug report (the access is on github)

Last edited:
You can already use UOSteam code in Razor Enhanced which works with ClassicUO Clients. No reason to spend this absurd amount of money on something you can already do. They even have the editor working with the syntax when writing.

You can already use UOSteam code in Razor Enhanced which works with ClassicUO Clients. No reason to spend this absurd amount of money on something you can already do. They even have the editor working with the syntax when writing.
Yes, you're right, but that and all the others assistants work natively only on windows, while this is integrated within the client and can be used anywhere. It's a choice for who wants to do something; it's a lot of money? yes, but that is my request. Unacceptable? Maybe, but within my rights.

If I may put my two cents on this, I think it goes without saying that over the years Fwiffo has been an upstanding guy and has offered a lot of freebies to the community. If I am not mistaken, he has also contributed to the ServUO source; I think I have seen his name somewhere in regard to that. Bottom line for me is that he is one of a few invaluable assets here.

Anyway the point is that for most people in this hobby 2000 Euros seems like a lot of money, and it is for the average UO hobbyist; let’s face it most of us are retired and living off a fixed income, or young and still living with our parents or in college - nothing better than being a broke student!

With all that said, everyone needs to cut out the negativity. Coding takes a lot of skill, knowing how to code for cross platform capability takes even more skill, and most of us do NOT know how to do it. So here is what I think:

Yes Fwiffo is within his rights to sell at his asking price, but I think he won’t get as much interest as he thinks he will. I also think the community could treat him a little better and stop slamming him for asking for that much money; it comes down to one thing: how much are people willing to pay.

If you aren’t willing to pay then don’t, but leave him alone ; if not a lot of people purchase it, then so be it. However if enough people don’t purchase it, then it pays off to be nice because maybe he lowers his pricing! If people keep giving developers a hard time then they don’t have a reason to be nice to us… and we ALL need them.

My advice to Fwiffo is this: if you lower your price then more people will purchase which may bring in more money on the short term. However if you don’t then you risk not making any money at all. The choice is always yours my friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back