Hello all!
I am looking for info on how to modify / create maps for my ServUO server. I have found a lot of info about sing UOArchitect, or CentrED, or maybe something called Dragon??
The most up to dat I have found is for CentrEd, and the workflow goes like this:
- use UOFiddler to convert UOP to MUL Files
- use Centred to modify Map files
- use UOFIddler to repack as UOP{ and upload to server.

I cannot however figure out the UOP to MUL conversion as every toolI have found just fails with an error ( uo fiddler for instance just says "an error occurred")

So the question is: is there some updated info on how to deal with UOP files so that I can edit / create my own maps?

thanks!

Your procedure is one of the ways to do it. But first you have to realize one crucial thing. Which version of Ultima Online do you want to modify. the latest Uo files do not work with most tools that have been programmed for development. Therefore, it is good to create and work with older versions of UO. I recommend between 7.0.20 - 7.0.50. Then you won't have a problem with any files except multicolection.uop, which has not yet been decrypted. The new UO Fiddler can probably open some of the latest files, but it doesn't work very well for me, so I don't use it. But for the actual editing of maps. You have two options. create your own new map using UO Landscaper or Dragon mod, or edit an existing map using centered. As you wrote. But basically it's the same, even if you create your own map, you'll always use the center. For UO Landscaper or Dragon, I must first paint a map image in bmp format. You then use one or the other mul program to generate a map file from it. And then you adjust it in the center. you can use the plugin in UO Fiddler, or two other programs that exist to wrap it in uop.
LegacyMULConverter-N nebo uoptool. Uoptool is an easier job.

Your procedure is one of the ways to do it. But first you have to realize one crucial thing. Which version of Ultima Online do you want to modify. the latest Uo files do not work with most tools that have been programmed for development. Therefore, it is good to create and work with older versions of UO. I recommend between 7.0.20 - 7.0.50. Then you won't have a problem with any files except multicolection.uop, which has not yet been decrypted. The new UO Fiddler can probably open some of the latest files, but it doesn't work very well for me, so I don't use it. But for the actual editing of maps. You have two options. create your own new map using UO Landscaper or Dragon mod, or edit an existing map using centered. As you wrote. But basically it's the same, even if you create your own map, you'll always use the center. For UO Landscaper or Dragon, I must first paint a map image in bmp format. You then use one or the other mul program to generate a map file from it. And then you adjust it in the center. you can use the plugin in UO Fiddler, or two other programs that exist to wrap it in uop.
Thanks Golfin, I really just want to make minor edits / changes to the default UO maps, I do not have any of the older clients and I am running with the newest updates and files. I will check out the two you linked and see if I can get into the maps using those.
thank you!

Fair enough, I appreciate the feedback, we're finding ways to do some of the stuff we want to do just in game so I will table the custom maps for the time being!

@golfin follow up question if I may: is it possible to use an older clients map files to edit, then change them to UOP using plugins and use those maps with enhanced and newer client versions? We would really like to make some maps but still have other things available to us like new content etc that the new clients bring.

I do not recommend this and it will not work with the latest client versions. It is always better to use the files that the client has with it after installation. But the possibility is it. But as I said, the map from the version from v. 7.0.3, for example, will not work with the latest versions. Because it uses a different bit size.

OK so current recommendation for making and using custom maps is using a client version below 7.0.59, are you aware of any way to get specific client version for enhanced?

Yes I know. I will give you version 7.0.50. But I have to ask. I'm from Europe. for you people of America I would like to place all my versions of UO that I have available. What server can I place it on? I have to say, it's a lot of versions of UO - from old to new. So it will have a lot of GB of data. I'm thinking of creating a new mediafire account for this reason, but I don't know if it will be good for download on your other continent. Can you recommend a server where to place about 20 to 30 GB of data? I'll give you everything I have with me.

I am not very familiar with hosting that amount of data, maybe something like MegaUpload? I mean it has Mega in the title it must be ok for big stuff right?

MegaUpload no longer exists. And even if the author puts it back into operation, I won't put it there. That's the risk.

No No it's still here, technically
but no unfortunatley, short of Google Drive I don't have much experience with anything of the sort!

@golfin I don't have 20-30GB on my Drive but I could host a few majorly requested clients if it was useful to any one, I know I would be interested in the 7.0.50 client!

I've been trying to edit a map for use in the latest uo client.... so frustrating. not even a solid rock map at a solid altitude can be converted to uop from mul without tones of gibberish and basically just static random jumbled up errors likely caused by the conversion to uop. So my last hope is to get centred+ working with UOPs and then just modify the existing map! Will let you know how that works.

I've been trying to edit a map for use in the latest uo client.... so frustrating. not even a solid rock map at a solid altitude can be converted to uop from mul without tones of gibberish and basically just static random jumbled up errors likely caused by the conversion to uop. So my last hope is to get centred+ working with UOPs and then just modify the existing map! Will let you know how that works.
Ah i see you've already found this thread! I would love to hear what you find out!

golfin much of your excellent and knowledge would be awesome in our Wiki also, would be so much easier for others to find. Thanks! :)

golfin much of your excellent and knowledge would be awesome in our Wiki also, would be so much easier for others to find. Thanks! :)
I'll be honest the only thing I can find in the wiki is the basic install instructions, am I looking in the wrong place?

Well, I have to say, I have a bit of a problem with your wiki. I have no idea how it works and how to add a page. I don't understand your wiki. But I'll try. First Milva tell me what to write in the Link URL. I have no idea what he wants from me.

Attachments

• wiki.png
    wiki.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
After trying repeatedly to get CentrEd+ to work all it will do is say that the connection was Refused... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

same boat as everyone else, I was curious if the custom maps floating around from Dark Shard and Rel Por would still work with the latest clients or if I have to use an older client to use.

Back