im looking for a way to update your code edits straight to mine so i dont have to do it manually and dont have to remake another file and add everything in again. sorry if its asked alot this is ththe wrong place.

I've never tried git specifically for ServUO so i can't tell the best way to do so, but you can do it via git directly.
Read every options and don't hesitate to ask questions, it's been a while since i used git and this is surely messy.

https://git-scm.com/downloads
I suggest you to take both the console version and the GUI version of git.

For the configuration tho i'm always at a loss (i usually do it once and forget it), checking on google will probably be easy to find the infos.

For updating, i'm not sure about the branch name, i prefer using gitlab, but it should be something like "git pull origin master" (master because it seems to always be on master?)

If you have trouble merging or that it says you have to commit or discard your changes, then you will have to do "git stash" (which will backup your changes) then "git pull origin master" (to update) then "git stash pop" (to re-apply your changes).
If you didn't update for a while or if most of your files are different, i guess you could have merge conflict, but that's where it gets complicated and i'm not of great assistance in that area.

Configure git on a new folder, clone the latest version there, add your scripts manually or dump the files you changed only and override the newest ones.
Then merge with the ServUO branch, which means you need to do:
Servuo -> merge to -> local
Merge conflicts will appear and you have to fix them, there are some programs that can handle merge conflicts, but i usually don't play alot with that.

Create an account or login to ex, gitlab, or github and create a project by cloning servuo, dump your changes, then update each time via servuo and take care of the merge conflicts. Basically, merge master of ServUO (or whatever the dev branch is) to yours.

Sorry for being a bit messy in my options, it took me too much time to answer.

Back