I was wondering if there's a way to update to the latest repo without having to wipe saves?
We don't have a lot of players, we have been up for about 8 months however we don't walk to lose the few we have and i'd really like to be on the latest repo to make my life easier when trying to fix things. I was getting a bad serialization error on playermobiles when i tried to load with our saves, which is what prompted me to ask if i'm wasting my time here or not. Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

In theory, upgrading from ServUO to ServUO should not cause serialization errors, since whoever updated scripts like PlayerMobile.cs should have properly serialized their changes for backward-compatibility. That being said, did you make any custom changes to PlayerMobile?

Yeah, I had added a tag for extra house slots in PlayerMobile as well as adding in 2 custom BOD systems (Fishing and Farming) so i have tags in the playermobile for next bulk order time for those 2 systems. Also a third tier tokuno arti trade in system.... come to think of it, got a lot of stuff changed in there that i probably missed lol. I think i had made changes in Mobile.cs as well for the skill timer to reset it, however i think i was told previously that if we update to the latest repo the skill timer issue was fixed? So its likely an issue i just missed something when i added that stuff from playermobile back in will look at it again thanks :D ...

When I updated to the new server I simply took the save files out of my old server and added them to the new one. The only thing I found did not work was the accounts but that may have been solved by adding the old account file to the new one maybe. I am not fully sure on that one. I do not have players on my shard so that is not something I am too worried about. One thing I do know is to make sure you have all your maps frozen if you changed anything because when You go to the new one anything that is not frozen is gone. I hope this helps!

we ended up doing a full wipe anyways. it wasn't working with some of the items we had modified some server core files and was too much to try to compile in for me... we changed clients too so not using same map files anymore

Considering I do not have any players I can see mine being easier to just copy and paste. Glad you got it all fixed :)

Back