I am looking for a way to use felucca's map for trammel without changing anything else like client files. I just want the two maps to be identical. When using the latest client trammel is different in some areas of Britain and it looks awful to me.

I tried defining the map in MapDefinitions.cs and that works but I get client crashes when doing certain things like placing houses now in Trammel. Here is how I configured it
Code:
            RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca",		MapRules.FeluccaRules );
            RegisterMap( 1, 0, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",		MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar",    MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
            RegisterMap( 5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur",        MapRules.TrammelRules );
I just changed the MapID of Trammel to use Felucca's map. I have also tried
Code:
RegisterMap( 1, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",        MapRules.TrammelRules );

Both of these options crash the client when placing houses. Everything else like doorgen and deco work fine.

Any ideas?

Maybe you can change only season and map rules, not map index?
Code:
            RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca",     MapRules.FeluccaRules );

RegisterMap( 1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 4, "Trammel",     MapRules.FeluccaRules );

if you want use same map index, send your crashlog, need to see what the problem is.

Changing the season and map rules will not help me. The static map is different in trammel. Also there is no crash log when just the client crashes. The server doesn't crash when placing a house in Trammel just the client does. Here is an example of the difference in maps:
Trammel in Brit
brit.png
Felucca in Brit same spot
brit2.png

Last edited:
Back