I'm relatively familiar with how to assign attachments to players. However, I find myself getting stuck when trying to do checks for said attachment.

Here we have an attachment - called WaS. It's assigned a value of 1 to 5 and I'm using GETONTRIGMOB to check that value as the Condition in XMLDialog:

However the following doesn't appear to operate in the manner it's intended. Attachments have been a little harder for me to try to grasp in XMLDialog, simply because the only way to determine the correct syntax is to search for the appropriate XMLspawner script and extrapolate what you can.

Essentially, I am trying make a Condition where an attachment assigned to the player has a value which has to be equal to the number 5.

Condition: GETONTRIGMOB/ATTACHMENT/XMLData,WaS,5
Action: SET,HappyFox/DoRespawn/True

So, in this instance - I only want the HappyFox spawner to respawn if WaS has the value of 5. However, it doesn't appear to work. Can anyone point where I'm going wrong here?

Not sure how you set your WaS value but here is how I did it:

Code:
SETONTRIGMOB/ATTACH/XmlValue,WaS,{RND,1,5}

I actually did two different things for the Conditional part in 2 lines: 10 & 20

10 is like this:
Code:
	Condition-
GETONTRIGMOB,[ATTACHMENT,XmlValue,WaS,Value] > 0 & GETONTRIGMOB,[ATTACHMENT,XmlValue,WaS,Value] < 5

Text-
Your WaS Value is {GETONTRIGMOB,[ATTACHMENT,XmlValue,WaS,Value]} You need a value of 5 WaS to proceed!

20 is like this:
Code:
	Condition-
GETONTRIGMOB,[ATTACHMENT,XmlValue,WaS,Value] = 5

Text-
Your WaS value is 5!  NOW YOU'RE GONNA PAY!!!

Action-
SET,ox4023CA92,XmlSpawner/DoReset/true/DoRespawn/true ; SETONTHIS/ResetTime/00:05:00

Line 10 is useful if you wanted to do something if the players WaS value wasnt 5 and Line 20 launches a
spawner provided the WaS value is 5. By the way, you shouldn't be referrencing your spawners by Name and
especially without designating a type. It can really slow your shard down. Found that out the hard way. Use
[get serial and the use SET,<spawner serial#,XmlSpawner like i did above. Much safer to do like that in my
experience. Anyway, let me know if what I said made any sense. Let me know if you have any issues, will try
to help

-Sorthious

I'm actually not sure, myself. I ended up adopting an item-based conditional. The attachments were part of our Wolf And Sword gladiatorial arena. You could only access the next fighter via the pitfight co-ordinator if you had successfully defeated the fighter (And were given the attachment.)

If I remember, it was probably, SETONTRIGMOB/ATTACH/Xmldata,WaS,5 or something like that.

As it happens, I sorta preferred the item based thing, not only does it give a commodity that could be sold, it lent to the whole claiming a trophy from the defeated fighter (I used Ancient dog tags) Very fun set up, anyway.

But you, Sir, are champion. Thank you very much for shedding some light on the murky subject of use of attachments as Conditions in XMLDialog. :)

Yeah, don't worry about that, I never do refer to my spawners by name, it just makes it easier to read for here. All it takes it to idly stray onto the spawner, accidentally change the name and that's it's it made useless for said SET command. Serials all the way. ;)

Yep...thats another pitfall of referencing by name. Now I see what you were doing with the WaS value..nice idea! Could probably use SETVAR too for a variable that would change over time. Would work real well for what you are doing. Anyway, they are options you can use in the future.

Back