Would there be any harm if I used a Mondain's Legacy Client.?

At the moment I do not know the client version. I believe ML came out in 2009.

You will run into things where the client does not have assets for things that were made for later clients. Unless you run it on a server that is running only up to the ML client. For instance you might be in a town according to the server version but in the ML client you will be in a forest. You can install multiple clients on your computer btw.

well, that explains the problems I was having. Thank you for your help. :)

One more thing then. Is there any way to bring back old Despise and old Havan with Servuo.

I really like servuo but I really do not like new despise in tram or new Haven.

Yup, according to this link you need to edit two files in the script folder:

Getting RunUO to work with ML-era data files:
You may use any installation of RunUO; however, you will need to make changes to the scripts files to ensure that you are running on a Pre-*.UOP file set. The following three changes must be made to allow RunUO to work successfully with ML-era client files:

In Server.Misc.CurrentExpansion.cs:

@Line8: private static readonly Expansion Expansion = Expansion.ML;

In Server.Misc.MapDefinitions.cs:

@Line19: RegisterMap( 1, 1, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules );
@Line43: MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = false;

https://github.com/ZaneDubya/UltimaXNA/wiki

Very Cool thank you.

I'll get started on this right away.
I never liked the way UO changed and now, I see I am not alone in that opinion.

OH, by the way;

I currently have servuo downloaded and working great with the classic client 7.0.56.0.

The changes in line8, line19 and line43 refer to runuo. Witch is different from servuo? So i will need to download a runuo server and make the appropriate changes there?

That way I can run a Mondain's Legacy client, 4.0.11d to 5.0.9.1

Just want to make sure I follow you.

Last edited:
Very Cool thank you.

I'll get started on this right away.
I never liked the way UO changed and now, I see I am not alone in that opinion.

OH, by the way;

I currently have servuo downloaded and working great with the classic client 7.0.56.0.

The changes in line8, line19 and line43 refer to runuo. Witch is different from servuo? So i will need to download a runuo server and make the appropriate changes there?

That way I can run a Mondain's Legacy client, 4.0.11d to 5.0.9.1

Just want to make sure I follow you.

Ah yes, those instructions refer to runuo. I think there is a way to do it for servuo as well. It might even be automatic at this point if you just point your server to the ML client. Give that a try and see what happens.

Back