First of all, I hope this is the correct place to post this. I have been using CentrED (version 0.6.3, not CentrED+) for some time to modify Map 0. I have a live shard, and the map works well. I recently purchased the Darkshard DVD and wish to add a couple of custom maps to my shard (Trammel and Ilshenar), though I wish to make a few changes to them first.

I thought I would ask here before experimenting, so I do not mess anything up. My general thoughts on the process are:

1. Replace Map 0 with the custom map (with files renamed to map0, staidx0 and statics0) in the client I am currently using with CentrED (or make a copy of the client and use that one).
2. Change the map size (unsure how to this, though I know the sizes).
3. Point CentrED to the new client folder (or leave as is if using old client).

Is this correct, or is there perhaps a different and/or easier way? Also, can I simply change the directory in CentrED to a different client folder, or is it configured specifically to the client I used to set it up?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Many thanks! Finally, something easy....:). I really appreciate the help. Also, thanks to whomever moved this thread to the correct forum.

Back