[article]
ServUO - [https://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 6460.30316
Core: Optimizing for 4 64-bit processors
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
Core: Loading config...
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 1 errors, 0 warnings
Errors:
+ VitaNex/Core/Extensions/Server/SkillExt.cs:
CS0101: Line 20: L'espace de noms 'Server' contient déjà une définition de 'SkillCategory'

Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
[/article]

Edit:
Error: The namespace 'namespace' already contains a definition for 'type'
This says you already have a definition for the type in the namespace already. in this case the type is SkillCategory and the namespace is Server. To resolve this issue you'd need to see which SkillCategory you need to keep/replace. For that someone else will need to help, I'm just helping with translation here.

Last edited:
Edit:
This says you already have a definition for the type in the namespace already. in this case the type is SkillCategory and the namespace is Server. To resolve this issue you'd need to see which SkillCategory you need to keep/replace. For that someone else will need to help, I'm just helping with translation here.

Thx Talow, I didn't noticed it was in french, I'll check for the skillcat tomorrow.

I swear if this happens enough times I'm going to pull out my hair...

Why was the new enum added and why did it have to have the exact namespace and name as one that I've had out there for years?

So frustrating...

Try renaming the new one to SkillCat and updatig wherever it is used?

The SkillCategory enum in VNc is used in tons of places and would take much longer for anyone to fix.

SkillCategory was added because of the PS/Transcendence/Alacrity uses the EA skill categories. It was named that, oh, because that's what EA calls them! I think this stuff is going to happen, and considering anytime there is a conflict it is changed to accommodate VNC (which isn't even an official part of the ServUO project), that should curb your frustration.

Back