Hey there, ServUO!

I'm an old fan of UO -- it was my first MMO way back in the day, and has a very special place in my heart. I'm excited to be working on my own shard at this point and learning more about the game and its mechanics. I look forward to talking with you and being an active part of the community here....and hopefully contributing sooner rather than later!

My apologies in advance if I ask stupid questions....but I have to believe that the stupidest questions are the ones left *unasked*!

--Jim

Welcome to ServUO :) feel free to ask any needed questions as we have a wonderful community always willing to help!

Thanks, Milva!

Right now, I'm just trying to figure out how to get things up and running on my server. Last night I made great headway by just getting doors installed on all the buildings, and at least *some* of the decorations. I also did a bit of mining, which was one of my "hobbies" when I was a player back in the day....

Now I need to figure out generating spawns/NPCs/Vendors.....houses, mounts.....eeeesh.

Can you point me to where I can find info on setting up NPC vendors (i.e. in the town shops)? Is that part of the XMLSpawn? I tried [VendorGen , but that didn't seem to be a valid command.

You can use [createworld this will give you a gump- remove the check for the doors :) you would use the house placement tool to build houses

Thanks, Milva!

I got in last night and populated my world, so I have NPCs/vendors, spawns, etc. Nice to see. I even gave myself a house deed and placed a small tower where I used to have one on Pacific. Brought back memories, for sure! I still have so much to learn and re-learn....but that's all part of the fun, no?

Back