Hey everyone and thank you for checking this out!

So we are experiencing a slight player problem with players sharing their accounts with each to escape the 2 account IP block that we have set.

Now, its not really a problem per say at the moment but what we have come to figure out is that these players are running PvP/PK scripts from easyUO along with farming scripts for resources. Is there a way to block the sharing of accounts between friends or maybe limit the specific use of EasyUO?

Thanks for the input it's always welcome!
Nyght_Hex

The only way to do this is actual policing by staff. On Heritage we do have anti macro code to prevent resource gathering. Players complain but it is necessary.

There are almost no ways to get around the IP issue.

The IP limiter is great however I could simply get a free VPN and make 10 accounts, all with different IPs and then just use one IP to log into them all.

The only way to prevent it is actively checking players, or making it so players need to register on a website and you make the accounts for them. (Not the best option for a new shard)

If they do VPN and then decide to login with their normal IP, all of those accounts will then become linked by IP.

You may not be able to prevent them making the accounts and I can't suggest a way to prevent the resource/gathering macro's beyond installing some kind of "captcha", but for PvP, you certainly can check to see if the killer and victim's accounts are linked.

If you have Vita-Nex: Core installed, you can use the IsSharedWith extension method, example;
https://github.com/Vita-Nex/Core/blob/master/Extensions/Server/AccountExt.cs#L115
Code:
IAccount killerAccount = killer.Account;
IAccount victimAccount = victim.Account;

bool isShared = killerAccount.IsSharedWith(victimAccount);

I check OnLogin if acc ip is shared with 2+ other accounts on the same ip. If more then 2 accounts on this IP, player is kicked from server.

Back