zerodowned

I started playing back when Second Age first came out. Played mostly on the Pacific shard, befriended a player name Illaria who helped me out a lot and tried to get me involved in RPing.

Joined a guild on Pacific, Aes Sedai [A^S] the later disbanded and most of us went to Defenders of Virtue [DV]

Anyway, I beta tested Ren. that came packaged with UO 3D. I admit, I was happy when Trammel rolled out, could finally place a house and didn't have to worry about being PKed (slow connection basically made me a sitting duck)

I quit around the release of Third Dawn. All my guild mates/friends disappeared, tried to switch over to Everquest and quickly lost interest in that. And that's when I started playing free servers.

I started in UO Renaissance on Europe.
I remember my first house, was a small marble house on fire isle, I had to trade a few paintings and some gold for it as I did not have much. I loved collecting artifacts and decorations/rares.
When UO AOS came out and everything changed I remember logging on to find my Vanq Silver Supremely Accurate Katana had been changed to a crappy Undead slayer with no other stats. I almost cried!

I joined a great guild called NNM, still all friends today and we had some great PvP fights, some of the best seen on Europa, we even put our best dexxer up against Athena, I remember that, around the Oaks spawn a massive fight breaking out, NNM and some allies against Athena's lot (Forget Guild name) We all bundled onto UOAM to keep track of everyone and had a couple hours long fight across most of T2A. Then like a scene from a movie our Dexxer (Alratan) and Athena clocked each other, suddenly everyone around just stops and gathers round to watch them go at it. Was great fun!

After we fought them off and declared we had beaten Europa we transferred a couple of chars to Legends and started to dominate the Americans in our new guild we created called WPK. Was only a few of us but we quickly gained allies and was doing Harrower's every weekend with large scale fights. We would simply employ our allies to secure the area while we done Harrower.

I miss those times! By the time I quit I had a collection of decorations and rares on Europa to rival Hemisphere and countless murder counts on Legends

Fun times!

Think I finally left about 8-12 months after SE

started in 99 on Europa, not realizing at the time that the different shards were actually different locations around the globe.. Was a real struggle on dial up for a few years, but the love of the game and made friends kept me at it..
Transferred to cats somewhere around 06, after running my shard a few years, having to close it due to moving and changing life styles a bit. played there on cats for bout 3 years and got sick of having to purchase gold and items to keep up with others, so we dumped our accounts for good, let everything fall idoc.

been coding runuo from the very first beta, having used POL server before that, RunUO was light years ahead even at that first beta release. Been at it ever since, and have been working on my shard little by little all the while.

Started in 98 on Napa, then stayed on Siege Perilous. Quit in 2k. Went to Runuo under a few names.

No, they have both been gone for a long time. I was in Knights of the Silver Serpent (KSS), sadly they are gone too.

KSS, wasn't that the guild of reds that killed murders? If so my wife and I joined that guild years ago and had a blast before she passed.

Yes, KSS was an anti-pk guild and went red mainly by killing the pk's blue healers and blue griefers. Leader was Py Lethius. What was your name in the guild?

I remember Py. And massive fights. I can't recall what my name was there for the life of me lol. We played in KSS a short time before leaving, but it was always a lot of fun.

I was Vortex / Aeryn Dwin'rae / Aahz. The main people I remember from KSS are Rizarium, Py Lethius, Siofra, Arevia, Parium, Castor, Velare, Kaya, Mjolnira, Gilfond Skyling.

From VmP it was Wyrm, Krystal, Crunch and a few other that slip my mind right now. Used to have the best fights against VmP.

Back