I have not been around ServUO for a couple of years. I have a copy of a very old fork that has EC support, somewhat. It does not have anything for High Seas, Eodon, or the Blackthorn dungeon. I only play on my own PC, so have not really kept up with any changes...

I was wondering if I download the new ServUO, does it support the EC now? Or is there a fork that does? What I have does work, but must be way out of date. I do not want to update anything if it will break what I have... :cool:

Since I do not care for the ec at all, but others use it I would guess it works fine

Also you could download a fresh copy, put it next to your current server so you wouldnt override anything and test it and see if it works, what does not and go from there

I don't use it either, but I do know you use the classic client for the servuo client- but I believe it does work ok. Not sure if you need a launcher for it, I'm sure more will step in to help out :)

Switching from an older ServUO to one from the past year or so is truly a "throw it all away and start over" proposition for the vast majority of people. If you weren't there to carefully merge each file at the time changes were made, it's too different now to attempt the job. Making scripts work takes only a little editing but using the old worldsave with the new setup is very likely not happening.

Cool, glad to hear it supports it now. I can just use a separate setup for testing. Then slowly add my scripts and edit as needed (they currently work on the old EC setup). I do not mind starting the world over... it is just me playing :cool:

When converting old scripts to the current system, these three substitutions will fix 99% of the issues you'll run into:

Code:
//    if (owner.HasBreath) //give bonus for creatures that have fire breath
    if (owner.HasAbility(SpecialAbility.DragonBreath)) //give bonus for creatures that have fire breath

SetSpecialAbility(SpecialAbility.DragonBreath);  // fire breath enabled

//      int ICommodity.DescriptionNumber { get { return LabelNumber; } }
    TextDefinition ICommodity.Description { get { return this.LabelNumber; } }

The commented lines are the ones that will throw errors and the line below them is the syntax for the current server. My notes didn't include the old code for the second one, fire breath, but this is the line that will replace the old fire breath ability code.

• Love
Reactions: ExX
Yeah, I ran into the 'has breath' bit already. I am introducing scripts a few at a time to test them out. So far, most are drag & drop. A few that I had edited for EC before, no longer work. But the original files still work. So far so good :cool:

Back