Ok this is a quest I made using Ilutzio's Questmaker 1.1. I am trying to make it so the player has to turn in more than one item to get the reward. Any help with this would be awsome. Oh maybe im using the wrong kind of quest maker ?? thanks again for all the support.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 17
  • WendysQuest.rar
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
We get around this by making an item that requires all the other "ingredients" to make. For example, the quest-giver gives the player an "empty box." Once they gather the 5 items (or whatever) required, double-clicking that box will delete the 5 items and the original box and give them a "completed box" that they then give the quest-giver for the reward.

Double-clicking the empty box without having all the ingredients in their pack results in a message like "You don't have all the quest items" or whatever fits the situation.

We get around this by making an item that requires all the other "ingredients" to make. For example, the quest-giver gives the player an "empty box." Once they gather the 5 items (or whatever) required, double-clicking that box will delete the 5 items and the original box and give them a "completed box" that they then give the quest-giver for the reward.

Double-clicking the empty box without having all the ingredients in their pack results in a message like "You don't have all the quest items" or whatever fits the situation.
Ok so where did i go wrong with this?

Wow, the code generated by the questmaker script is really, ummm, "compact." I don't use VisualStudio; I just have a text editor and hash it out the old fashioned way so it took a while.

I spaced it out some and got it working. There were some missing } for some of the "if" statements and I re-arranged some of it.

Now it works but not totally how you intended it to. The checks for 10 of each item aren't cumulative -- having 10 of any one of the items means a reward. The override of OnDragDrop means you can check only for one item at a time so it can't check for all of them.

The easiest fix would be to have the quest giver expect only the one item. I have a quest with an "Empty 12 Days Box" that when clicked checks the player's pack for 12 items (from the 12 Days of Christmas). If they're all present, they are deleted and replaced by a "Full 12 Days Box" that the quest giver is expecting for the reward. It's only one of each item but it'll get you pointed in the right direction. I'll attach that script too.

Attachments

• WendyQuest.cs
    3.8 KB · Views: 5
  • TwelveDaysBox.cs
    5.1 KB · Views: 9
Wow, the code generated by the questmaker script is really, ummm, "compact." I don't use VisualStudio; I just have a text editor and hash it out the old fashioned way so it took a while.

I spaced it out some and got it working. There were some missing } for some of the "if" statements and I re-arranged some of it.

Now it works but not totally how you intended it to. The checks for 10 of each item aren't cumulative -- having 10 of any one of the items means a reward. The override of OnDragDrop means you can check only for one item at a time so it can't check for all of them.

The easiest fix would be to have the quest giver expect only the one item. I have a quest with an "Empty 12 Days Box" that when clicked checks the player's pack for 12 items (from the 12 Days of Christmas). If they're all present, they are deleted and replaced by a "Full 12 Days Box" that the quest giver is expecting for the reward. It's only one of each item but it'll get you pointed in the right direction. I'll attach that script too.
Thanks so much for this info and help :) Now I have something new to learn. Thanks again.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks so much for this info and help :) Now I have something new to learn. Thanks again.
Ok this is dumb but im still learning lol. so I switch out what the 12 day box is asking for?

Last edited:
I've tinkered with it enough to make it functional. When the player talks to Wendy they get an Empty Pet Supplies bag. They then gather the items she needs, putting them in stacks in their pack. When they have 10 of each, they double-click the empty bag and it changes into a Full Pet Supplies Bag. Drop this onto Wendy to receive the reward.

It does everything you want it to with a couple of quirks:

1) The items must be in your pack in stacks of 10 when double-clicking the empty pet supplies bag to turn it into a full pet supplies bag. Not too bad really.

2) The pet food dish and the fish graphics chosen for the items aren't normally stackable items. This means that once players stack them they're together permanently. If they get more than 10 there's no way to take the extras out of the stack. One workaround would be to change the amount checks in PetSuppliesBag.cs to see if it is equal to or greater than 10 (current check is for equal to 10). At that point it would consume the whole stack whether it was 10 or 110 items and you won't have staff being asked to edit stack amount values.

I chose a regular bag and some default hues for the empty and completed bags -- all of that is easily changed to polish it up however you want it. All changed files are in the attached zip.

Attachments

• WendyQuest.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 9
I've tinkered with it enough to make it functional. When the player talks to Wendy they get an Empty Pet Supplies bag. They then gather the items she needs, putting them in stacks in their pack. When they have 10 of each, they double-click the empty bag and it changes into a Full Pet Supplies Bag. Drop this onto Wendy to receive the reward.

It does everything you want it to with a couple of quirks:

1) The items must be in your pack in stacks of 10 when double-clicking the empty pet supplies bag to turn it into a full pet supplies bag. Not too bad really.

2) The pet food dish and the fish graphics chosen for the items aren't normally stackable items. This means that once players stack them they're together permanently. If they get more than 10 there's no way to take the extras out of the stack. One workaround would be to change the amount checks in PetSuppliesBag.cs to see if it is equal to or greater than 10 (current check is for equal to 10). At that point it would consume the whole stack whether it was 10 or 110 items and you won't have staff being asked to edit stack amount values.

I chose a regular bag and some default hues for the empty and completed bags -- all of that is easily changed to polish it up however you want it. All changed files are in the attached zip.
YOU ARE AWSOME TY and I am learning :) High Five

OK I have it all in place but missing the empty pet bag. Wendy didnt give me a bag lol to fill.. Or am I missing something ?? And some of the 10 items I dropped on her she took and have the reward.

OK I have it all in place but missing the empty pet bag. Wendy didnt give me a bag lol to fill.. Or am I missing something ?? And some of the 10 items I dropped on her she took and have the reward.
NM I found the bag.

OK Yes She did not give the bag to fill. :(

NM I found the bag.

NM I found the bag.

Sorry about that. Ok the PetSupliesBag is in the WendysQuest folder but even when I use [add it isnt there.

Last edited:
Sounds like you didn't replace the main WendyQuest.cs file with the newer one in the Zip. The newer one won't accept anything except the FullPetSuppliesBag.

The PetSuppliesBag gets added into the player's pack when they talk to Wendy. If they already have one she will not give them another (in case they talk to her again).

NM I found the bag.

Sorry about that. Ok the PetSupliesBag is in the WendysQuest folder but even when I use [add it isnt there.
Sounds like you didn't replace the main WendyQuest.cs file with the newer one in the Zip. The newer one won't accept anything except the FullPetSuppliesBag.

The PetSuppliesBag gets added into the player's pack when they talk to Wendy. If they already have one she will not give them another (in case they talk to her again).
Ok I added everything back and we will see. Trying to get my test server running and not having any luck :(

Ok I added everything back and we will see. Trying to get my test server running and not having any luck :(
Thank's that worked. Sometimes I get to many things working at the same time I forget. Thanks again for you h elp and time.

Sorrt to keep bothering you. I was wondering why my 12 days of christmas only has 8 items but has 12 mobiles and no 12 day box? I have the box you sent to me. Im going to see if I can work this all out :) Also there is no Quest giver for this.

Last edited:
The 12 Days quest from that shard is a custom script. It started out where shrunken animals and various items had to be given to staff in return for a reward. I changed the items and added an NPC to handle it once I became staff. It's not all my work so I wouldn't feel right sharing it.

I do plan to share some other customs that are my work and will be used in the shard I'm developing now. I'm totally self-taught in C# but I've been hacking at it for 8+ years now and finally plan to roll out my own vision for a shard in a few weeks.

The 12 Days quest from that shard is a custom script. It started out where shrunken animals and various items had to be given to staff in return for a reward. I changed the items and added an NPC to handle it once I became staff. It's not all my work so I wouldn't feel right sharing it.

I do plan to share some other customs that are my work and will be used in the shard I'm developing now. I'm totally self-taught in C# but I've been hacking at it for 8+ years now and finally plan to roll out my own vision for a shard in a few weeks.
That's Awsome. ok I made all12 items lol but in the box I got this message. I also got the same for the one from Wendys quest. I just took the Full part out I hope I didn't mess it up?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    154 KB · Views: 2
The zip file for Wendy's quest includes the FullPetSuppliesBag.cs

You'll need to make a similar FullTwelveDaysBox for your other quest so it can be dropped onto the quest giver for the reward.

The zip file for Wendy's quest includes the FullPetSuppliesBag.cs

You'll need to make a similar FullTwelveDaysBox for your other quest so it can be dropped onto the quest giver for the reward.
Was funny because the petbrush wasnt stacking so I just took it out. took me a bit to get it right but I learned from my mistakes and NO working like a Charm :) Thanks again!! It's ppl like you who help other people learn. O BTW your profile pic is from one of my Fav Kid movies also like the Dark Crystal hehe

Back