Well, I worked on this and by using the XUO release, got the iron beetles to work like OSI!
They mine away, ore and stone which you set on the beetle. There is no more mining for ore and gems on base harvest tool and from what I can find there should not be. You get gems as a bonus when mining with the proper skill. The beetles at 100 should also drop gems to the ground(forgot to set skill and test that). They eat ore on occasion and change hue. Had to redo the harvest folder to match theirs and mining, fishing and LJ had changes, they work just fine. Two lines in the core, and I think that was it. Anyway, just thought I would post this video, if someone is interested, I will post my changes files. This still needs to be tested on backup server for issues.
Shaz :]

DARN! I forgot to show that when you lick the beelte you can set him just like a harvest tool to mine ore or ore and stone. Yes he does stone :)
aimg907.imageshack.us_img907_2267_iDfLJK.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Nice this really completes the iron beetle! Not being able to mine the stone really made the iron beetle useless to most :)

Nice this really completes the iron beetle! Not being able to mine the stone really made the iron beetle useless to most :)
I am sure the developers here are going to come out with this properly coded. I still have to confirm the iron beetle getting gems, just too darn tired.
** If you ever want to have weird time to work on server stuff, just have your hubby get his knee replaced and see what wild hours you are awake and what lack of sleep can really do to you! teeheehee

This feature is a ways off on our priority list, but please do share the files. It will cut down on development time when the time comes. Or if you want to submit a pull request we can go ahead and do it now.

If you want i upload my version of Ironbeetle : this version is in most part code of XRunUO Project with some addiction of code regardless some Fix Mining Menu and other option of IronBeetle.

- Fixed Bug if IronBeetle dont have ControlMaster.

Attachments

• IronBeetle.rar
    2.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
- In XRunUO version ironbeetle mining ore with is Mining Skill level and not with Owner Skill Level
- Fixed offset of x and y on GetMiningOffset method
- Fixed Mining ore Stone and Gem on IronBeetle Context menu
- Added Increase of Speed if attacked
- Added Combine Backpack if Dead
- Added Food Definition for IronBeetle
- Added Drop of Lucky Coins in Loot becouse it spawn on Underworld

This is strange!
I reset my Harvest folder back to SerUOs and added your iron beetle(had to // loyalty and change the ondeath method, but all was loading)
My version beetle from the modified files worked fine - which I do not get - as it was reading your ironbeetle.cs file :)
So I did a .add ironbeetle and I get this crash report:(
Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5859.2325
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 1/16/2016 8:13:02 AM
Mobiles: 3457
Items: 118609
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at Server.Engines.Harvest.HarvestSystem.MutateResource(Mobile from, Item tool, HarvestDefinition def, Map map, Point3D loc, HarvestVein vein, HarvestResource primary, HarvestResource fallback)
  at Server.Mobiles.IronBeetle.DoMining()
  at Server.Timer.DelayCallTimer.OnTick() in d:\1) Server 12-13-2015\Server\Timer.cs:line 614
  at Server.Timer.Slice() in d:\1) Server 12-13-2015\Server\Timer.cs:line 409
  at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in d:\1) Server 12-13-2015\Server\Main.cs:line 575

Clients:
- Count: 1
+ (account = Sharon) (mobile = 0x1DA 'Shazzy')
I have no idea, but could it be because there is no control master on the mutate resource line??
(I am not that good at scripting, so if you have an idea where I need to make a change it is most pappreciated!)

Thanks!
Shazzy :]

Crash is generated if IronBeetle isn't Tamed

Fix Change this line

if ( Combatant != null )
return;

with

if ( Combatant != null || ControlMaster == null )
return;

I dont know if Beetle had a backpack to store Ore but if it had there is some code to add on Contexmenu Method :

PackAnimal.GetContextMenuEntries(this, from, list);

On DoMining method must comment this line like this if Had Backpack

//item.MoveToWorld( loc, map );

If the dont have backpack you must uncomment this line

item.MoveToWorld( loc, map );

No backpack and I guess they eat ore when tamed also.
Found an entry that stated you have to grab the ore they mine before they eat it.
Maybe the timer needs to be set longer on controlled?
Since they mine whether the controller has mining or not, I would say their ability go get the stone, gems and ML gems is based on skill alone?? Just a guess. :]

IronBettel grab ore from Ground
Mine regardless Owner Mining Skill
Timer need to be adjust if necessary
You can set gem ore or stone like Pickaxe on Context Menu of IronBeetle.

I dont have more info becouse i dont have OSI Account with SA

Back