Hello all! I have been puttering around with my ServUO server for sometime thanks to the help of everyone here. I have a quick question about custom art and how it integrates with the server, game, and working in Centred.

I have a bunch of custom art files from a while back and was wondering if they would work with my install of UO. I have the ServUO files in one folder, UO for my server installed in another folder, and UO for playing installed in a third folder. Would I just need to copy the art files into the two UO installs and then point centred towards them when I load? Is there anything else funky that I would need to do to get all of these to play nice together? Does the client I am using (7.0.15.1) make any difference in all this?

Thanks so much for all the help!

What I do is I have 3 client folders. 1 is the testing/most recent edits 2 is my client I use to play and 3 is the server's client folder. Somewhat overkill and eats up a lot of space. Anyways... You can open your non server client that has the custom art / tiledata in centrED or CentrED+ then when you complete your goal you can copy that client over your server client.
Based on what you said it sounds like you already have your server pointing to a folder with client files dedicated to just be used by the server.
Using client version pre-7.21.# just means you wont have to worry about messing with uop files.

As long as your client files and server's client files are the same, as well as same version there should be no problems.

Thank you both for the help and good information! I will get to playing around with all of that. I think it all should work just fine with my set-up.

It is appreciated!

Back