I'm bit prepared in programming, but i'm completely lost in graphics stuff, so need your help.

My configuration is the following:
ServeUO 57 + last available "Enhanced Client" from https://uo.com/client-download

I managed to run ServeUO (linking a classic client) and then login using enhanced client + UO Enhanced Laucher 2.0.

Now, my first task is to create a completely new map.

First problem: projects like Centered+ only work with MUL files, but my client only has UOP files.
I know that there is a way, out there, to convert UOP files into MUL files, edit them, then create UOP files again. Easy to say, but nothing that i tried until now seems to work.

Alternative: As far i know, it is also possible to create a bitmap map with GIMP or Photoshop and, with some magic, create MUL files from it. It is really possible?

Second problem: As i said, my ServUO is linked to a classic client, however i would like my users going to use the Enhanced Client. If i going to edit UOP files of Enanched Client, i've to do some modification as well in the classic client used to run ServUO?

I'm bit confused, any help will be appreciated :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Alternative: As far i know, it is also possible to create a bitmap map with GIMP or Photoshop and, with some magic, create MUL files from it. It is really possible?
Yes, this is how most maps are made. Basically you paint an indexed color bitmap with specific colors corresponding to terrain/altitude which is then read by software and converted to a mul. There many tools that do this, Dragon, and UOLandscaper and others. UOL seperates the height maps and terrain maps into two different files while Dragon uses a combined bitmap.

Second problem: As i said, my ServUO is linked to a classic client, however i would like my users going to use the Enhanced Client. If i going to edit UOP files of Enanched Client, i've to do some modification as well in the classic client used to run ServUO?
AFAIK there is currently no way to edit EC client maps, only classic.

This thread may be useful re. custom maps for the enhanced client:

I'm sticking with default maps this time but not being able to edit the cliloc entries is a dealbreaker for me when it comes to EC use. That's a shame too, because it's not too bad!

Back