I can not seem to find the link for the XML quest creator can someone please share the link I must be over looking

I too am on the same hunt. Its as if the [add XmlQuestNPC along with lost of the old xmlspawner 2.0 is not included with ServUO. Perhaps there is a new or different way to generate NPC Quests?

I just wrote my quests and quest NPCs by hand. Wasn't too hard once I got the first figured out.

Indeed DragnMaw, the best approach is to code these by hand. Previously I was relying to much on the idea of 3rd party tools or old systems where to way to go previously. No better way to learn then to fail first hand =3

Attached are my results of a my generic NPC/Quest template. Nothing brag worthy but perhaps it might help the next programmer.

Onward to the next adventure!

Attachments

• nameQUEST.cs
    4.1 KB · Views: 29
Lol I was debating posting one of my quests for a template, but I sent that message on my phone when I didn't have access to the files.

I used to use Gizmo's quest creator a lot. Gizmo is a bit out of date, but gets you mostly there. I messed with the xml quest a little, but never warmed up to it. They are making some changes to the ServUO repo, and I am not sure how the xml quest creator works at the moment.

This is my base quest cheat sheet. Generally I now just find a similar quest, and edit the details... but I think this is a pretty good starting point.

Attachments

• Quest Template.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 43
I agree, Gizmo's quest creator helped me and lead me here; great learning tool. However it hasnt aged well like you said =P

This is amazing Tukaram, thank you for sharing!

Back