This is an Elevator I made with XmlSpawners. Unfortunately, the Elevator wasn't an Add-On, so I had to move each individual part, but if it were made into an add on would be much easier to replicate. Also added sound effects for asthetics. Hope this displays/gives some ideas of things that can be done with the spawners....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is actually very cool.. I am a Lift Engineer by trade we haven't perfect voice activated lifts yet.. Would you like a job? lol

Great work i really need to look into xml alot more the possibilities are endless as yourself and mog have shown..

Keep up the good work.

LOL....thank you, but no. I just wanted to see if I could do it. Thanks for the compliment! So much easier to do something in XmlSpawner rather than script, see if it works, fix it, try again,etc. I'm working on an in-game Pac-Man but taking a break on it while working on something else for our shard. I have it working now with a psuedo-collision detection and you pick up "dots" which is scored via a Bank-Check. Not gotten to the part where you eat the Power-Pellet yet. Will get there eventually though!

Anyways, I think someone posted a link on here somewhere with archived XmlTut's and this site is defunct but good for some info:

http://xmlspawner.fr.yuku.com/

I ment a job as a Lift Engineer you can teach us how to make it voice activated.. Someone just needs to invite a XML spawner system for the real world first..

i really think i need to get someone to give me lessons in XML..

I look forward to seeing your pac man sounds like a laugh

Nice Sorth! @Mogster and I love pushing Xml boundaries! Looks like you do too heh I've told all the people that I've helped get their shards started to install Xml (with all options and packages), just in case. Especially if you can't script.

Sorthious would it be possible for you to post the xml code which you used for this, I'm sure most would use an addon, except for the door which would be an extra piece :)

Yeah I was happy to see this get made. While I like to do all my stuff with scripts I know that XMLspawning is a legit way to do it too.

Now if it was just darther....

*wonders who will understand that.*

Here is a screenshot of the Props for the Third Floor of the Elevator. The TriggerObjectProp just checks if the Elevator Switch is off and thus if the Elevator door is closed(we wouldn't want people falling out.) PlayerTrigProp (Z ! 40) just makes sure you aren't already on the 3rd floor. The Prox check just makes sure you're inside the elevator. Group=true just makes sure that all the Entries in the spawner are run at the same time. Basically, if all the conditions in props are met the spawn is triggered and every entry is performed. If Group were false it would perform the 1st entry then wait to be Triggered again before the next entry was performed. Also, you will want to change the TriggerAccessLevel to whatever level you want the Elevators to be operated by; GM's,Admins,Developers,etc.

elevatorspawnerprops-jpg.2124

This is the Props for the switch(inside) which controls the elevator door. It is linked to the switch on the outside of the elevator and is used as a condition in the spawner(is the door closed or not?) The targetProps just Open/Close door and make it visible/invised. These would also need to be left out of the Add-On, as they wouldnt function.

elevatorswitch-jpg.2125

Here are the spawner Entries. All they do is change the Z of each piece of the elevator. You can use: [getserial to find out the serial of all the pieces. If you wanted to you could make it descend/ascend incrementally. The way I have it set up just moves you immediately to the chosen floor

elevatorspawnerentries-jpg.2126

Repeat this process for however many more floors to you want to add. Not sure about all maps but I found that Trammel goes from -127 to 128 Z then the map wraps. So this area can be used for Elevator space. The Spawners need to be placed on the floor of the Elevator as they use Proximity to ensure a player is inside the elevator. Think thats about it. If anyone has any questions about it let me know.

Attachments

• ElevatorSpawnerProps.jpg
    ElevatorSpawnerProps.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 51
  • ElevatorSwitch.jpg
    ElevatorSwitch.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 51
  • ElevatorSpawnerEntries.jpg
    ElevatorSpawnerEntries.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
No need really, or I'm misunderstanding your question. The GROUP property in Props, when set to true, runs all the entries at same time. I would only use the subgroups if I were doing something sequentially. Hope that was what you were asking.

I was under the impression (correct me if I'm wrong) that when you wanted more than one line entry to happen in the same tick, you had to put them in a subgroup..?

You can do that but you have to set Sequential Spawning up in conjunction with it or it would still only do 1 entry per Trigger. The GROUP property allows you to do multiple line entries without having to change from Subgroup Zero or use Seqential spawning. The only reasons I use subgroups are if I need to use IF/GOTO,etc., or I want things to spawn in a sequential order. Took me a long time to figure out exactly how the Group property worked...still lots to learn with Xmlspawners...lol

You can do that but you have to set Sequential Spawning up in conjunction with it or it would still only do 1 entry per Trigger. The GROUP property allows you to do multiple line entries without having to change from Subgroup Zero or use Seqential spawning. The only reasons I use subgroups are if I need to use IF/GOTO,etc., or I want things to spawn in a sequential order. Took me a long time to figure out exactly how the Group property worked...still lots to learn with Xmlspawners...lol
@Mogster and I did a similar thing with a Haunted House set up last year...we have ghouls lifting out of graves. I was unable to do them on one spawner using subgroups because the Refract Min/Max and Duration don't seem to work at all when using subgroups. But as individual spawners the setup worked fine.

I've read about people having problems with that. Could be a problem with setting SpawnOnTrigger to true. I know that if you have that set that it will ignore your Min/MaxDelay. Wonder if it affects Refract as well. Also, I read that the you can't set the Delays any lower than whatever your length of time your server Ticks are set to. These would also be ignored. I'm still learning myself so not sure if thats a bug with Xmlspanwers or if it's a conflict with some setting that is used. I would really have to tinker with it to see whats going on with something like that. Would also need to know more about "How" its supposed to function.

I don't wanna drag us totally off-topic, but I do know there are more than a few aspects of Xmlspawner that Arte implemented, but never finished. I don't know if Zagros or Fwiffo (or anyone else for that matter) took over and finished these things off. Its very possible that the Delays, Refract, Group and SubGroup functions were never fully realized, in regards to how they should work together. Here's the setup for the Haunted Grave:
HauntedGrave1 & HauntedGrave2 are screenshots from the spawner that actually has the ghost rising up from the grave.
HauntedGrave3 is a second spawner that triggers the ghost spawner. I had to do it that way to get the Refract to work properly.

Attachments

• HauntedGrave1.jpg
    HauntedGrave1.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 17
  • HauntedGrave2.jpg
    HauntedGrave2.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 12
  • HauntedGrave3.jpg
    HauntedGrave3.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 11
Yeah....a lot of things work sketchy like that in the spawners. Not sure what the BasePriority/3 does but the FreeRun/true will only wait for the Initial Trigger then it will run all those entries freely(without having to have a player trigger it again.) Not used it in a while so I think thats the way i remember that working. Could interefere with Refract times. Other than that I haven't a clue. I normally toy with them till they work also, even if that requires an extra spawner. (^8

Back