Ok, so I'm trying to learn how to use the XMLQuest system to try to see if I can replicate some of the examples in the tutorial / documentation. However, I'm having a really odd thing happen that I'm not sure if it is something I'm doing or of it is something I'm failing to do.

When I spawn an XMLQuestNPC and go to add a line, all my 'blank' lines are showing up as the name of the NPC. (See screenshot). If I remove them and leave them blank, they show up again. If I change the value to something else, they will stay... but I'm trying to find out a way to make them blank? (To match what is in the examples I'm working with.)

Is this normal? And if not, what am I doing wrong? I've looked everywhere to see if I could find someone with the same issue / problem, but no luck so far. :(

Attachments

• xmlquestnpc-blanklines1.JPG
    xmlquestnpc-blanklines1.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 10
Ok, so I'm trying to learn how to use the XMLQuest system to try to see if I can replicate some of the examples in the tutorial / documentation. However, I'm having a really odd thing happen that I'm not sure if it is something I'm doing or of it is something I'm failing to do.

When I spawn an XMLQuestNPC and go to add a line, all my 'blank' lines are showing up as the name of the NPC. (See screenshot). If I remove them and leave them blank, they show up again. If I change the value to something else, they will stay... but I'm trying to find out a way to make them blank? (To match what is in the examples I'm working with.)

Is this normal? And if not, what am I doing wrong? I've looked everywhere to see if I could find someone with the same issue / problem, but no luck so far. :(

1. Add XmlQuestNPC
2. Set XmlQuestNPC props (name, gender, etc)
3. Use XmlEdit and target XmlQuestNPC.
4. Immediately save the XmlDialog with a new file name.
5. Add Xmlspawner.
6. Entry 1-XmlQuestNPC,0/Name/Gregory/ConfigFile/FileName/LoadConfig/True
7. Reset, and Respawn the Xmlspawner (Your XmlQuestNPC should appear).
8. Use XmlEdit again and target the XmlQuestNPC.
9. Edit the Dialog as per the tutorial instructions.

If you see the XmlQuestNPCs name populating all those fields again, then something is likely amiss with your Xmlspawner installation.

If you are doing any steps differently, or in a different order, let me know.

I'll give that a shot. The tutorial I'm using looks like some screen shots from an old forums (part of the documentation I got off here) and the steps for it are nothing like what you posted. I'll give that a shot and see if that helps resolve the issue. Also, this is the stock setup right off the ServUO SVN (1894), so if anything it setup wrong, it came to me that way. I doubt highly that is the case, or everyone would be having trouble with it.

I am not. These were part of a massive xml doc download that contains a gazillion docs, screenshots, and files.

Let me start where you linked too. Could be part of my problem all together.
[doublepost=1486760213][/doublepost]Ok, so... I must have a problem with how XML is setup on my server then. When following the guide here: https://www.servuo.com/tutorials/xmldialog-xmledit-xmlquestnpc-killnamed-objective-xmlmobfactions.9/

Both my 'TrigOnCarried' and 'NoTrigOnCarried' contain the NPC name and I CANNOT get rid of it, no matter what I do. If remove the entries there and click on anything else, the window refreshes with the NPC name on it right away. :(

I am not. These were part of a massive xml doc download that contains a gazillion docs, screenshots, and files.

Let me start where you linked too. Could be part of my problem all together.
[doublepost=1486760213][/doublepost]Ok, so... I must have a problem with how XML is setup on my server then. When following the guide here: https://www.servuo.com/tutorials/xmldialog-xmledit-xmlquestnpc-killnamed-objective-xmlmobfactions.9/

Both my 'TrigOnCarried' and 'NoTrigOnCarried' contain the NPC name and I CANNOT get rid of it, no matter what I do. If remove the entries there and click on anything else, the window refreshes with the NPC name on it right away. :(
There are several optional steps that could be taken during installation. If they weren't, then a lot of the Xmlspawner add-on functionality will not work.
When you save the ConfigFile, a file is created in the XmlQuestNPC folder (filename.npc).
Please PM me that .npc file and I'll have a look at it. :)

I made a new XMLQuestNPC, froze it, opened the gump (which shows the player name on the Trig and NoTrig lines automatically) and saved it to 'Braina', which made a Braina.npc file for me here:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<XmlQuestNPC>
  <NPC>
    <Name>Braina</Name>
    <Running>True</Running>
    <ProximityRange>3</ProximityRange>
    <ResetRange>16</ResetRange>
    <TriggerOnCarried>Braina</TriggerOnCarried>
    <NoTriggerOnCarried>Braina</NoTriggerOnCarried>
    <AllowGhost>False</AllowGhost>
    <SpeechPace>10</SpeechPace>
    <ResetTime>1</ResetTime>
    <SpeechEntries>1</SpeechEntries>
  </NPC>
  <SpeechEntry>
    <EntryNumber>10</EntryNumber>
    <ID>10</ID>
    <Text>Braina</Text>
    <Keywords>Braina</Keywords>
    <Action>Braina</Action>
    <Condition>Braina</Condition>
    <DependsOn>Braina</DependsOn>
    <Pause>1</Pause>
    <PrePause>-1</PrePause>
    <LockConversation>True</LockConversation>
    <IgnoreCarried>False</IgnoreCarried>
    <AllowNPCTrigger>False</AllowNPCTrigger>
    <SpeechStyle>Regular</SpeechStyle>
    <SpeechHue>-1</SpeechHue>
    <Gump>Braina</Gump>
  </SpeechEntry>
</XmlQuestNPC>

Now, something else I discovered in the process of it. There appears to be TWO locations of 'XMLQuestNPC' on my server. One is in the root of my shard folder. (IE: \shard\XmlQuestNPC ' The other, is located at: ' \shard\scripts\services\XmlSpanwer Extras\XmlQuestNPC '

In the root location, I see where anything I have saved (like Braina above) shows up. In the other directory (which is the default that came with ServUO), I show a bunch of NPC files:

Abbott, Costello, Dracondar, drake, echo, etc.

So, I copied the 'travelagent.npc' over to the root level and tried to load it through that. I actually get it to load properly off the XMLSpawner, but when I use the Xmledit command, here is what I get (see attachment).

The config file for that is as follows:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<XmlQuestNPC>
  <NPC>
    <Name>FlyByNight</Name>
    <Running>True</Running>
    <ProximityRange>3</ProximityRange>
    <AllowGhost>False</AllowGhost>
    <ResetTime>0.20</ResetTime>
    <ConfigFile>travelagent</ConfigFile>
    <SpeechEntries>14</SpeechEntries>
  </NPC>
<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>0</EntryNumber>
    <ID>0</ID>
    <DependsOn>999</DependsOn>
  </SpeechEntry>

<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>1</EntryNumber>
    <ID>3</ID>
    <Text>Where can I take you today? </Text>
    <DependsOn>-1</DependsOn>
  </SpeechEntry>
<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>2</EntryNumber>
    <ID>3</ID>
    <Text>What is your destination? </Text>
  </SpeechEntry>
<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>3</EntryNumber>
    <ID>3</ID>
    <Text>Just say the word and you are off! </Text>
  </SpeechEntry>

<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>20</EntryNumber>
    <ID>20</ID>
    <Action>TAKEBYTYPE,1,1000,true/gold</Action>
    <DependsOn>5</DependsOn>
  </SpeechEntry>

<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>4</EntryNumber>
    <ID>4</ID>
    <Keywords>britain</Keywords>
    <DependsOn>3</DependsOn>
    <Text>The fare is 1000 gold.  Is that agreeable? </Text>
  </SpeechEntry>

<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>5</EntryNumber>
    <ID>5</ID>
    <Keywords>yes</Keywords>
    <Text>Enjoy your trip! </Text>
    <Action>SETONTRIGMOB/map/felucca/x/1401/y/1625/z/28</Action>
    <Pause>0</Pause>
    <DependsOn>4</DependsOn>
  </SpeechEntry>
<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>12</EntryNumber>
    <ID>12</ID>
    <Keywords>no</Keywords>
    <Text>Ah well, perhaps when your purse is heavier. </Text>
    <DependsOn>4</DependsOn>
  </SpeechEntry>

<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>6</EntryNumber>
    <Keywords>minoc</Keywords>
    <Action>SETONTRIGMOB/map/felucca/x/2539/y/501/z/30</Action>
    <DependsOn>3</DependsOn>
  </SpeechEntry>

<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>7</EntryNumber>
    <Keywords>deceit</Keywords>
    <Action>SETONTRIGMOB/map/felucca/x/4111/y/432/z/5</Action>
    <DependsOn>3</DependsOn>
  </SpeechEntry>

<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>8</EntryNumber>
    <Keywords>luna</Keywords>
    <Action>SETONTRIGMOB/map/malas/x/991/y/519/z/-50</Action>
    <DependsOn>3</DependsOn>
  </SpeechEntry>

<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>9</EntryNumber>
    <Keywords>umbra</Keywords>
    <Action>SETONTRIGMOB/map/malas/x/1941/y/1321/z/-88</Action>
    <DependsOn>3</DependsOn>
  </SpeechEntry>

<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>10</EntryNumber>
    <Keywords>doom</Keywords>
    <Action>SETONTRIGMOB/map/malas/x/2367/y/1268/z/-85</Action>
    <DependsOn>3</DependsOn>
  </SpeechEntry>

<SpeechEntry>
<EntryNumber>11</EntryNumber>
    <Keywords>mistas</Keywords>
    <Action>SETONTRIGMOB/map/ilshenar/x/820/y/1073/z/-30</Action>
    <DependsOn>3</DependsOn>
  </SpeechEntry>

</XmlQuestNPC>

So, the 'TrigonCarried' and 'NoTrigOnCarried' are being populated by his name right out of the gate. If I click on ANY edit function, any blank line in there automatically gets replaced by the NPC name. (Same issue as before.) So, I feel like I'm doing the right things, but it looks like something is broke.

I may try to install a clean SVN on another machine and just load up a world and see if I can replicate this same problem on a brand new install. I should be able to, cause I haven't touched any part of the XML system since the initial download.
[doublepost=1486764969][/doublepost]If I click on 'edit' by line 0, without doing anything, I get the following. (see screenshot), in which I cannot get rid (blank out) anything.

Attachments

• xmlquestnpc-blanklines2.JPG
    xmlquestnpc-blanklines2.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 8
  • xmlquestnpc-blanklines3.JPG
    xmlquestnpc-blanklines3.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 9
It sounds to me as if your Xmlspawner install is a little wonky :|
Try a clean repo, or an older repo (last year or older).

I'll try that sometime this week. I"ll setup a brand new repo and clean install and see if the same problem persists. I hope that is not the case, but I have feeling that it will be, since I literally haven't touched a single script inside the whole XML system.

Back