Is anyone particularly familiar with sequential spawning? I have a quest, and the boss fight is on a sequential spawn. It works well...most of the time... I have run through the entire quest a couple dozen times. So far, twice the boss fight went through the whole sequence, then immediately ran through the whole sequence again. Only done it twice and I cannot recreate it. Also, every once in a while it gets 'stuck' on one spawn group and spawns it a couple times in a row before advancing to the next spawn. That is not that bad, kind of fun really, but it is not supposed to happen.

Because it got 'stuck' a couple times I did try to set reset/to settings. If it gets stuck, or the player abandons the quest, it despawns in 1 hour and resets to group 0. I have tested that part and it works well.

Here are pics of the spawner settings and the sequential spawn section. I apologize for the horrid color choices - they were automatic... and hard to read.

Do the settings looks right? Like I said it works fine most of the time. There are just some oddities every now and again.

~Edit~ Oops... the picture for the sequential setup is wrong (boss.jpg). Groups 1, 2, and 3 now have the Clear checkbox marked. I had to do that so if it resets to group 0 it will despawn any existing critters. Forgot to take a new picture... :)

Attachments

• boss.JPG
    boss.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 67
  • ravana.JPG
    ravana.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 62
Sequential spawning works, but unless you use RefractMin/Max, it will continue to respawn. Use RefractMin/Max to "force" a delay between respawns. That being said, the spawn might work correctly once and then never again. If that happens, the best thing I can suggest is using two Xmlspawners. One to turn the BossFight Xmlspawner on after it resets. The other would be the BossFight Xmlspawner itself, only the last line entry (in it's own subgroup) should be SETONTHIS/DoReset/True/Running/False.
That will shutdown the Xmlspawner after the last mob group has been dealt with, but it also forces the spawner to recycle itself and start back with group 1.
Another thing, you have ChaosDaemon as SubGroup 0 (default)...you need to put it into a group. Watch your RESET time as well. Next to the SubGroup, you have RESET and for the first entry, it's set to 9999, that's in seconds. I have also noticed that when it comes to counting kills, if a PET kills a mob it doesn't seem to count, just fyi.

I have also noticed that when it comes to counting kills, if a PET kills a mob it doesn't seem to count, just fyi.
Funny you should say that - I was playing with it more last night and I think that is what is going on. If I fight the entire spawn alone it works fine. If I have the spawnable blue NPCs fight with me... sometimes yes, sometimes no. If I let the blue NPCs spawn and I step away and let them fight alone... it really gets confused. The sequential spawner got stuck on the 5 demon spawn so long the entire floor of the dungeon was thick with bodies. If II walked into the dungeon I would vanish under the pile of bodies.

Oh, and the 9999 in subgroup 0 did not stay set. I read on Arte's forum that subgroup zero has no reset setting. It always clears out, if you try to set it.

~Edit~
Here is a pic of the settings in both clients. In CC the reset/to is not an editable field. You can see it just tries to put in the name of the spawner for some reason... In EC it behaves like an editable field, but does not save. It also tries to put in the name of the spawner in the blank. Arte explained it like this - group 0 is the regular spawn, it stays around until killed. Killing it will advance into the other subgroups. (I am paraphrasing). That is why I was using the static spawn as subgroup 0.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Yeah, I read that post that Arte made as well, but subgroup 0 doesn't seem to operate like that anymore. You have to kind of take anything that Arte (or anyone else) posted on XmlspawnerFan with a grain of salt. A lot of the things mentioned and even code for some of the Spawn Entry examples, just don't work that way and you have to move things around, change syntax (as an example, setonthis is not the same as SETONTHIS). If you use the XmlDialog a lot, you will begin to notice that syntax and certain keywords that you can use on Xmlspawners don't carry over for XmlDialog and vice versa.

Another thing to make note of; the way you're naming your Xmlspawners. Try not to use spaces as they can throw wrenches into the works when you least expect it. Using _ seems to work, but for the most part I just put all the words together, unless you wind up with a name that's just huge, then abbreviate lol

Another thing to make note of; the way you're naming your Xmlspawners. Try not to use spaces as they can throw wrenches into the works when you least expect it. Using _ seems to work....

Oh... that could be a problem. I have made tons of spawners... I will check them. I started off not using spaces - not sure when, or why, I started using them.... Luckily I can use [xmlfind to find them easier. :)

Thanks for all you input on my last few posts.

Back