I am working on updating the Lord Greywolf's food system making it easier to set up and get going right out of the box, and I need some assistance in the spawns.

The easiest way for me to do this I think is to have some of the farms throughout the default maps have spawners that spawn different crop types. Once I get this set up, how do I say export a specific subset of spawners?

Reads that this will save all of the spawners on the current map to the file--of course any other xml spawners on that map will also be saved along with it.

Reads that this will save all of the spawners on the current map to the file--of course any other xml spawners on that map will also be saved along with it.
yes ma'am that is the one I was talking about. I will do it this way and hope any of my other custom spawners don't screw people up. What happens if you have a spawner for an object that is not in your code base?

I find the best way is to give those spawners a special name such as resource1, resource2, and so on. Then you use [xmlfind and have it list the spawners with that name,"resource". From there you can check all and use the save option at the bottom of the gump to save just those spawners as a .xml file.

If you add an object to a spawner of a type that is unknown it will throw an error on the spawner and next restart you will get a badspawn.log file, but it will not hurt server operations.

@ravenwolf that sounds perfect that means i can just release the farm spawners and nothing else, I like that a lot!

No problem, If your not sure how to do it, I can post a few screenshots. I like having them seperated because you can load and unload them whenever you wish. I use it a lot for xmlquests.

Yes, using [xmlfind you can save multiple spawners easily. As Raven pointed out, it helps to name the actual spawner itself. You can also save each spawner to their own xml file. Say you placed a spawner named FarmablePumpkins in a field outside Brit. All you have to do is [xmlsave FarmableWheat FarmableWheat.xml and it will save that one spawner. The nice thing about using the [xmlfind to save your spawners though is you can save spawners on multiple maps into one xml file. So you could really place them on all facets, use [xmlfind and check mark them all and save them. :)

Also, once you have certain spawns, such as the farmablepumpkins @tass23 mentioned saved as an xml file, you can then use [xmlloadhere to load the spawners in a different field each time.

Hmm, it's possible Raven is a Kindred XML Spirit.....
Attention folks: Please direct all XML question to Raven if I'm not around, that is all, thank you ;)

It's a shame Arte has disappeared into oblivion....I'm betting if he could put up with my incessant pestering about ideas, XmlSpawner could be a whole lot more than it is now. ;)

Yeah, that guy fwiffo is doing a decent job but is no Arte!

Attachments

• ai64.tinypic.com_24w7bjr.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 42
Back