Is there a list of commands somewhere for this?

I would like to save my "byhand" spawns.

Also anyone know how to make it so you have to have an item in your backpack to start a spawn, IE quest item spawn a quest monster?

Or how to put something in the sockets of armor/weapons?

Hello Redsnow,

There are a few tutorials floating about the internet. However, most are obscured or lost now-a-days. I have a collection of XMLSpawner information/tutorials you can obtain with this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4o343h4njthr62/XMLArchive.zip

You can also visit this site that keeps an archived version of the XMLSpawner Fan site: http://xmlspawner.fr.yuku.com/

List of commands for the XMLSpawner system: http://xmlspawner.fr.yuku.com/topic/29/XmlSpawner-Command-List#.UweXAIUl-Uk

As for saving "by hand" spawns you can use: [exportspawner and [importspawners commands to save hand spawned xmlspawners into a spawn file.

For the Quest Item spawning, this should help: http://xmlspawner.fr.yuku.com/topic/28/Trigger-spawns-on-carried-or-equipped-items#.UweWCYUl-Uk

As for your socket question, I am not really sure what you are asking here. Please elaborate a bit and I will find a suitable answer. :)

See the picture for sockets, i have discovered that they take some sort of crystal and that its part of the XMLSpawner package other than that its a mystery,

Thanks for the links!!

Attachments

• s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 40
Ahh ok perfect. You are correct. Those sockets take different augments that are found within the XML system.
For a list of said augments you can look in the ServUO folder under: "Services\XmlSpawner 2\XmlItems\XmlSocketItems\Augments" to find all the augments and what they do/how they work.
You can also change how the sockets are added to items, how many sockets are added, and how many "slots" each augment takes up when added to a socketed item. If you need more in-depth help, I'm free to assist you. :)

Glad to be of some help!!

I have a brand new download of ServUO. I have added 3 custom mobiles and that is all.

My problem is, when I place one of the xmlspawners I'm unable to see it on the ground. If I add it to my pack I can see it fine but as soon as I move it to the world, it disappears. I set the one up in my pack and it is spawning the mobiles that I requested, so I know that it is running.

I have a brand new download of ServUO. I have added 3 custom mobiles and that is all.

My problem is, when I place one of the xmlspawners I'm unable to see it on the ground. If I add it to my pack I can see it fine but as soon as I move it to the world, it disappears. I set the one up in my pack and it is spawning the mobiles that I requested, so I know that it is running.

Try using these commands:
[XmlShow
This will turn all the xmlspawners into invisible ship masts, very handy.

[XmlHide
This will shrink them back into crystals again.

Don't add the spawners to your backpack [addtopack xmlspawner, just [add xmlspawner and target the ground.
I wouldn't leave an activate spawner in your player backpack either. That's a great way to crash a shard, but you can put xmlspawners in any container outside of your player backpack and activate it ;)

Try using these commands:
[XmlShow
This will turn all the xmlspawners into invisible ship masts, very handy.

[XmlHide
This will shrink them back into crystals again.

Don't add the spawners to your backpack [addtopack xmlspawner, just [add xmlspawner and target the ground.
I wouldn't leave an activate spawner in your player backpack either. That's a great way to crash a shard, but you can put xmlspawners in any container outside of your player backpack and activate it ;)

Unfortunately I have used the [xmlshow but still nothing shows up on the ground. I do add the spawners to the ground, but they never showed so I added one to my backpack to test that I could see it ( and set it up with a monster spawn to test that it was working ) and sure enough I could. I even saw the mast when I did [xmlshow but as soon as I moved it to the ground, the whole thing disappears.

Try adding a different kind of spawner on the ground and see if it shows up. XmlSpawner isn't the only one that comes with ServUO I don't think, Mega Spawner perhaps?

I tried adding the premium spawner and again, if I do the [addtopack it shows, but when I add it to the world it disappears. I'm even trying this on a shard that is not mine that I'm a Developer on so it isn't just my server.

I have gone so far as uninstalling then re-installing and re-patching my UO client.

Almost sounds like your client map files are not mathcing the servers map files, and when targeting the ground, the client doesnt recognize the ground at all.. thats why you can add to your pack, but not target the ground.

Try adding the spawner again, but this time target yourself. If you still can;t add the thing, you got other issues.. if it drops at your feet.. you have map issues somehow. then try again on the ground.

I was wondering if maybe the spawner was falling below the ground- is your client and the server both at the same game client? Or as Dian mentioned a map problem, if you have more then 1 game client be sure to check razor.

I'm pretty sure that I only have one game client, but I did go into Razor and specify the client target. I'm not sure what client my friend is using but I know that on my server, the client and the game were the same version.

Initially this issue started when I was on my RunUO server. I was switching back and forth between staff and player to test loot spawns, on one of the switches I just wasn't able to see the xmlspawner anymore.

Try this, create a new account- set that char to admin then try on this char with the spawner just to see if the same thing happens. If you were changing from player then back to staff maybe something became messed up with your char or access level?

Try this, create a new account- set that char to admin then try on this char with the spawner just to see if the same thing happens. If you were changing from player then back to staff maybe something became messed up with your char or access level?

In a way I did this. When I joined my friends server, it was a brand new char and account. He made me a developer on the server so I should be able to see all.

@Dian - Yes, when I create the spawner and just click the ground, I do get the message that the item was created.

I'm currently doing another drastic step. I have completely removed all of my RunUO files to an external drive, I have uninstalled UO, again, and I'm currently patching it now, I even went as far as deleting the ServUO folder then I unzipped and compiled a clean copy. When UO is done patching, I'm going to unhook the external that has my RunUO files, then I'm going to start up the ServUO server and see what happens.

If this doesn't fix it, and no one can figure out the reason for this, then I guess I will be done with UO as I won't be able to see any spawners to spawn the world.

Well, that didn't work. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing Razor since the last issue I had with the game was fixed that way but no luck.

wow, seems a little extreme to give up over that. The problem you have is that you just don;t know what your friends server truly is running for scripts and server client files. The spawner item, if it has not been changed, is such an old ItemID that the client version should not be any issue.. and even so, I would think it would show as unused tile or something.

I wonder if your friend just has the access level set to a higher level, and even though you can create the item, you simpely can not see the item because it is hidden to you.

Try to place another one. Once you get the message that the item was created, use the command [XmlShow and see if they reveal themselves as the Boat Mast. If you still dont see them, try another approach, and use the command [xmlfind - put in a search, anything to show a list of spawners, and 'goto' one of them. See if you even see an existing spawner item. If not, I think you have your answer. They are just not visible to your access level.

Another quick test.. try this command [add xmlspawner set visible true -and see if it shows that time

My point is, I do not think its anything on your end. I really think you are beating yourself up over trying to solve the problem by assuming its something you have not done right or installed correctly. I would almost certainly think its some setting or access to the server your on.

The most recent test that I did, were on a completely new server install of my own. So, any settings that are causing this should have been cleared out since I have a clean install of UO, a clean install of Razor, and, a clean install of ServUO.

I tried the set visible and I can see it when I place it on the ground. I then changed it to false and I was still able to see it, but when I did the [xmlshow it doesn't change to the mast, though, the one that I have in my backpack does.

So things are working then? Or still undetermined on the friends server that started this question of issues?

Well, this is a small fix since I will be able to see any new spawners that I place, but, what of the existing spawners, I'm still not able to see them, on mine or my friends server.

This is only a partial fix if anything, but, it is still making progress, so thank you for the help.

You are running a fresh ServUO shard of your own, unmodified with a clean Ultima install.. and you are unable to see spawners with that setup?

Correct, I am unable to see any spawners with a clean install of ServUO and Ultima. I have not moved one custom file over yet.

I am really at a loss.. I have never had, nor heard of anyone having that issue. I am inclined to believe you are overlooking something rather than a bug or something.. but I just can not say that either, for sure.
Sorry I cant help much further.

I was hoping it was something that I was overlooking also, maybe in a script that got jumbled for some reason, but I don't think that is the case since the problem happens on my friends shard also, and it uses a completely different set of scripts.

Is there a different program that I can use to connect to custom servers other than Razor?

Well, it is fixed, and it was something completely STUPID and it is unknown to me as to how it was even placed into effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started thinking about what was running at the time and the only thing that I could think of for sure was Razor so I went looking, again.........

In the "General" tab in the "Filters", somehow, someway, the "Staff Only Item" was checked, so every staff item was being hidden from my view. Now, why this did not correct its self when I re-installed Razor, I have no idea, but at least I was correct, finally in thinking that it had something to do with Razor.

Thank you again Dian, Milva, & Tass23 for taking the time to give suggestion to try and help, and hey, now if you come across this obscure problem in the future, you will have heard of it before. I'm glad this is over, I'm too hooked on UO to give up and this would have driven me beyond the level of craziness that I have already achieved.

Wow, awesome :) Thats great to know! If I could select more than one rating for that post, I would, lol. I knew it was some oddity that was just overlooked.

Time to MOVE on, right? :)

I kept thinking something in the past was posted about razor settings, I just could not find the darn post about it on runuo. Well ,so very happy you did get this sorted out as it had to be so frustrating! See, woot woot never give up :)

I kept thinking something in the past was posted about razor settings, I just could not find the darn post about it on runuo. Well ,so very happy you did get this sorted out as it had to be so frustrating! See, woot woot never give up :)
...Never surrender.

Wow, awesome :) Thats great to know! If I could select more than one rating for that post, I would, lol. I knew it was some oddity that was just overlooked.

Time to MOVE on, right? :)

Dang right, lets see what other trouble I can get into........

Back